cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best tool for recording CVP wav files?

whd1733ne
Level 1
Level 1

I need to record a number of files in the correct format (CCIT, u-Law, 8 bit, mono) for a lab.  I'm fairly certain that Windows sound recorder does not record in the correct format.  Appreciate any suggestions on (free) tools I might use so that I can do in one shot w/out converting.  Thanks.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Windows Sound Recorder under XP can do this just fine - when you go to 'save...' there is a button to change the format where you can select all the required attributes (mono, 8bit,8 khz, CCITT, u-law).

Alternatively you can use Audacity as detailed here : http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/uc-toolkit-using-audacity-to-create-and-edit-cisco-uccx-prompts.html

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

I know you said free, but GoldWave is worth the money.  In order of best tools I've used are GoldWave, Windows XP Recorder, Audacity.

david

As recommended Audacity which is free works fine, but I use Cool Edit Pro, it is not free both simple and does everything I would ever need for prompt recording, modifications, etc.

Chris

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Windows Sound Recorder under XP can do this just fine - when you go to 'save...' there is a button to change the format where you can select all the required attributes (mono, 8bit,8 khz, CCITT, u-law).

Alternatively you can use Audacity as detailed here : http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/uc-toolkit-using-audacity-to-create-and-edit-cisco-uccx-prompts.html

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I know you said free, but GoldWave is worth the money.  In order of best tools I've used are GoldWave, Windows XP Recorder, Audacity.

david

As recommended Audacity which is free works fine, but I use Cool Edit Pro, it is not free both simple and does everything I would ever need for prompt recording, modifications, etc.

Chris

whd1733ne
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your input guys.  I have downloaded Audacity and started it using it - being the cheapskate that I am.  Seems to work fine so far.  Will keep the other suggestions in my back pocket.