Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk CTI Route Point Create

I am told by the ICM guys that I need to create a CTI Route Point for each IVR CTI Port to enable translation routing.

Thats a lot of route points. Anybody know of a short cut, or a way to bulk import the route points. BAT 5.1(4a) doesnt support Route Points.

Any help greatfully received.

Regards

Chris

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You do not need a seperate CTI RP for each CTI port. You can use this formula to calculate required translation routing triggers (cti rp):

(Max (BHCC)/3600)*10*1.5

So, if your BHCC is 1000, you will only need 5 cti rps, but hundreds of CTI ports.

Remember to rate all posts!

Chris

Thanks Chris. I will question the ICM chaps again.

Regards

Chris

I have also worked out a bit of a short cut (albeit tiny).

1. Use BAT to create a phone with the desired line configuration for each CTI route point required.

2. Delete the BAT created phones, this will make the lines unassigned DN's

3. Create the CTI Route Points manually, using the copy button. When entering the DN and partition, the CTI Route Point will automatically pick up the BAT created line config.

Can you tell us where this formula came from?

I would say that "hundreds of CTI ports" is an exaggeration on your part.

The number of CTI ports (IP IVR ports) depends on the length of the conversations (IVR and agent), as well as on the BHCA.

If we plug 1000 into the IPCC Standard Resource calculator without changing any of the other defaults (IVR time = 30s, talk time = 150s, after work time = 60s), it recommends 65 agents, and tells us that we need 16 IVR ports for treatment and 8 IVR ports for queuing - a total of 24 IVR ports.

Creating 24 route points for trans routes for the 24 CTI ports is not such big deal, and it does ensure that there will never be an issue with the trans routes. Although the call is not on the route point for long, under some failure conditions the route point is out of service for the duration of a timer.

Route points are free - and IVR ports are expensive. So why run the risk? The trans route wizard makes it easy to have a bunch of DNIS, so why guess and worry? Max 'em out, I say.

Regards,

Geoff