Views
Helpful
Replies

Business Hour IVR Menu call flow in UCCE Call studio

ashik.buhari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have IVR call flow where we need to play set of prompts in particular time from 7am to 2pm and other prompts to play after hours. Can anyone please suggest an logic or option to create a callflow in cisco call studio.We are using PCCE solution 12.0 and developing the call flow in call studio. can anyone share the screenshot Awaits for the response.

16 Replies 16

I don't think anyone is going to develop the application for you, but if you just need to play prompts at one time vs. the other, you don't even need to do this in Call Studio if you don't want to, you can use Microapps if you prefer.
You can look at the time in UCCE Script Editor and send it down one leg if during the hours and another leg for outside of those hours for instance.

ashik.buhari
Level 1
Level 1

hi @bill.king1 ,

thanks for the response, but how can we capture the time from ICM.

If you're using Business Hours, the variables are available in the ICM
script editor within an IF node. Where you can check if it's equal to 1
for open (or 0 for closed) and branch to play different audio or assign
different file names into say PV10 and use a "PM,-10" microapp to play
it out to play that out.

If you need to pass the info to a Call Studio app, then ICM script
should assign something into the ToExtVXML array (example "BH=0" or
"BH=1") based on whether the business hour equals 1 or 0.

The Call Studio app can access that variable as Session Data named BH
(or whatever was configured in the ICM script). The Studio app can use a
Decision element to check if the Session Data variable equals 1 or 0,
and branch the code.  You can then connect each branch to different
Audio elements that play different prompts.

Alternatively, if you know Call Studio then you can get more complex and
use a Rest Client element to call the Business Hour API and then use the
Set Value element with javascript to parse the return XML string to grab
the value (0 or 1).

HTH

Hi Jain,

Thanks for the solution.

i wanted to do it from Call studio ,since we have little more menu to be performed. Also we dont have an API here, if so i could have think about the way you have suggested.

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi, 
You can use Business Hours variables, as Janine said, but you also can simply check time in your Studio App. Here are some pics for you:
- Use a Decision element to check time intervals

TOD_1.png 

- in Element Config View click Use Decision Editor button to configure your Decision element properties

TOD_2.png

- set your time periods as desired
TOD_3.png

In my example we set 3 time periods for morning, afternoon, evening hours and therefore we created 3 different exits in our Decision Element. All other hours, which don't match our morning, afternoon and evening hours, will result in going out through the Other exit. Then we played Morning, Afternoon, Evening Audios and for the Other exit we used another logic (not shown in the screenshot).

You can use similar config for your requirements too. I hope it helps. 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog 

HI Benda,

Thanks for he solution,  i think i am going to use this.

only one question i have is that if we use the decision editor instead of a class, how it can identify the call was made in a particular time period .

Your Studio VXML application will be hosted on Cisco CVP VXML Server, right? When the call appears and triggers your Studio App, this application will evaluate time on the VMXM Server.

yes, we are using VXML server.

So If iam using the decision editor, the call studio application will verify the call time and play the prompts accordingly correct.?

yes, exactly. 

Hi Dmytro,

During this solution, when the call is happening between 8 and 12, it moves to morning exit state, right?

If so , how can we introduce days as well into this, for example, Mon to Friday from 8 to 12 , if the call comes this time, it should hit morning exit state.

Please advise.

Ashik

Hi @ashik.buhari 

During this solution, when the call is happening between 8 and 12, it moves to morning exit state, right? - correct 

how can we introduce days as well into this, for example, Mon to Friday from 8 to 12 - you can add day of week comparison to your expression in the Decision element. Use the same AND logic as it was in my previous explanations. The example is smth like this:

DmytroBenda_0-1676899337299.png

How is the days of the week determined as working? for example i require Sunday to Thursday as working day.

So the week should start the day 1 as Sunday, is the above solution working as such

Yes, typically it should be 1-Sunday and 7-Saturday. Then the expression should be day of week >=1 and day of week < 6 (for working days Sun - Thu)

If you're using PCCE hours of operations I recommend you go to the API directly from your CVP app. Some details that might be helpful are here: https://dmacias.org/cisco-courtesy-callback-ccb-and-cce-hours-of-operations/

david