cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD : Hide Supervisor from Chat window?

Brian Klimpke
Level 1
Level 1

In CAD, is there any way to hide the supervisor from the chat window?

When the supervisor logs in to monitor agent calls, they can see that she is online. She is concerned that their performance changes only when she is there. She would like the ability to log in and monitor without agents knowing. So... is there any way to hide the supervisor from the chat window???

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you're using UCCX, no. I cannot speak to UCCE.

If you have a premium license, you may want to try out remote monitoring instead. Since that does not require a CAD or CSD login, the supervisor will not appear in the chat window. The other easy solution would be to just log in all the time or most days so agents can't tell the difference.

Great alternate solution.  Remote monitoring seems to be an under rated utility.

Can you give me a quick summary of how Remote Monitoring works?  I just looked it up in the Admin Guide, so I see how to configure it.  But two questions:

-What does the supervisor hear when they dial into the application (i.e. how do they select who to monitor)

-How does the stream actually reach the supervisor?  Does it get copied directly from CUCM? I'm familiar with CAD and phone BIB, but this seems like a third method of monitoring?

Thanks

Bill

It plays the rmon.aef script file.  It's a simple IVR that lets the supervisor pick a CSQ ID to monitor.  That is not easily obtained to the casual supervisor.  Basically, you can log into AppAdmin, and goto RmCm > CSQ, and then click the CSQ you want to monitor, and then check the URL in your browser.  The CSQ id should be a URL parameter.  It's usually a lwo number like 3, 4, 8, 12, etc.  If you wanted to, you can open the rmon.aef script in your editor (File > New > Queuing > Remote_Monitoring) and take a look under the hood.  Or, if you were really adventurous, you could build your own remote monitor script.

UCCX becomes the requester, then plays the audio to you in the built-in step (Start Monitor), and it works just as if a Supervisor was requesting the monitor.