Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Avoidance

KevinOD
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have had an issue in our center with potential call avoidance.

What we believe is happening is that some agents are opening up their phone line then closing it down putting their time in ready back to zero seconds and hence to the bottom of the queue.

I've tried to trace this by running a report that shows the "internal Calls" and "internal calls time" and believe where there is a very low internal calls time that would indicate examples of this happening?

For example - 2 internal calls, 0:00:01 internal calls time?

From your experience is there anything else I could run or is there anything else that could be causing some agents to have zero or little calls time against internal calls?

3 Replies 3

jbach2003
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think the 'Internal Calls' will populate unless an actual call is made internally to another extension and the other end answers. Just picking the handset up or activating the line to get dial tone would take them off-hook, not place a call.

The easy button here is comparing their inbound call numbers to other agents. If agents 1 and 2 are avoiding calls and going off-hook to reset their Ready timer, then they'll have fewer calls than other agents (usually by a large margin).

Yep, number of calls taken and also compare ready time. Those agents who are avoiding calls will have a much longer ready time than other agents while also having a lower number of calls. The combination of both metrics should be pretty telling of what they are doing.

david

I would turn on agent state trace for those few agents (NOT everyone, since it impacts the system) and see what you see when you look at their activity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: