cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pros/Cons of Auto Answer

jbach2003
Level 1
Level 1

I have a major business line interested in exploring auto-answer options. I understand that some of the pros of auto answer are lower ASA times and fewer RONA calls...what are some of the potential issues of auto answer? Other pros? Caveats?

2 Replies 2

Another pros besides what you outlined is you also avoid the issue of (if you allow it in your setup) agents declining calls (not just RONA) on the phone when they are available.

One potential con, which is more of a behavior thing, is what do you do if your agents have another line, like a DID, as well as an ACD line. If they do, you have to be certain that they go not ready when they work on that DID line.

Biggest thing to consider is the training, in a busy contact center we're talking back to back to back calls if there is no wrap up, so training is key so the agent is caught having a sideline conversation or furiously trying to wrap up the previous call. While I'm not a big fan of auto answer I've seen it done well and it's a great SLA improver and increases agent utilization dramatically.

david