Views
Helpful
Replies

Call redirect by calling number and department name

Serjay Dorosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community!

Can someone help to me to solve one task? 

I have an excel file with two columns: callingID and Department (of this calling number)

I need to parse the incoming call based on calling number and it department, then to redirect to propper CSQ.

For example:
1000 - TechDPT

2000 - SaleDPT

3000 - CommDPT

If calling 1000 - redirect to TechCSQ, 2000 - to SaleCSQ and so on.

Indeed there are more then 500 numbers and about 5 departments.

My UCCX has the enhanced license, version is 10.6

7 Replies 7

An alternative to doing this directly in CCX would be to use the functionality in CM to route the call based on calling number. Usually this is done by called number. Once this is setup you’ll be using different trigger numbers, one for each of the five department and add a section in the script to set the CSQ to use based on these five called trigger number. Likely a switch would be the simplest thing to use for this. In the switch set the called trigger number as the match criteria, one for each of the five triggers, then set the CSQ name as the resulting action for each of these.

Otherwise you’d need to look at XML file look up as I do not think that it would work to read it from the Excel file directly.

Response Signature

Serjay Dorosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Roger,

thanks for the reply.

Could you please to explain what did you mean when you talking about trigger?

We don't have departments with fixed DN's pools, and I think it would be complexity to maintain this on CM.
Solution with xml document would be ideal, I think, but I'm not strong in it)
And I think that this method is more simply for the future support and updates, maybe I'm not right...

The trigger number is the directory number that is used by CCX to accept calls. You can program your script to look at what number it received the call on and map that to the CSQ. In CM terminology the triggers are CTI route points.

Response Signature

It would be much better to turn the excel sheet to a DB table then use the DB steps to pull this data out. The option mentioned means 500 if checks, which will be terrible to maintain.

david

If I’m not wrong you’ll need to have Premium for DB steps.

With an XML file you should not need to use any IF steps. If you have the calling number in combination with the name of the CSQ you would look for the calling number and then read the CSQ name from the XML file and then store that in a variable that would be used for the CSQ name.

Response Signature

Good call I misread the license type they have. Yeah XML is the only way to go. Is there a limit on the size of the XML that can be parsed?

david

If it would be looping through the XML file it would definitely be to big. But with the option that Anthony Holloway list in this post it should be doable. https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/uccx-priority-queueing-big-list/td-p/4079302

Response Signature