Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call transfer with prompt

Hello Everyone,

I would like to accomplish the following goal in UCCX: have an incoming call ring a number for 10s, if that number does not answer to play a prompt (saying "the person is not available, you will be redirected to voicemail") and then redirect the call to another number (voicemail pilot)

I am attempting to solve this by using the Call Consult Transfer step, since it has a timeout case and I could not manage to put a time-out in Call Redirect, then on the Call Consult Transfer timeout case I have a Play Prompt and a Call Redirect step.

Call Consult Transfer to [number]

Successful

Go To [end]

Busy

Call Redirect [voicemail pilot]

Invalid

Timeout

Play Prompt

Unsuccessful

Everything works except the prompt never gets played. I have tested the prompt itself by placing it at the beginning of the script, it works correctly there.

Any idea on how I could achieve my initial goal?

Regards,

Hunor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, I understand. 

By the way, how sure you are that you call is falling under the "Timeout" branch of the Call Consult Redirect? Did you try to use the "Reactive Script" method to see that indeed this is the case? Maybe you're getting to the "Unsuccessful" branch or something like that. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7
Hi,
Why won't you just use CUCM basic features with Unity connection? Why UCCX must be involved with this?
Just redirect the call via UCCX to a person (is this person is also an UCCX agent or just redirecting to some specific CUCM DN?)
and then configure Ring No Answer Time Out on his line to be 10 seconds and redirect on No Answer to Voice Mail.
Unless I didn't understand the full picture, the above should suffice.

Hi,

The issue is that I need to send the call trough UCCX up to this point, since I made a little script that routes calls to different regions based on the calling number and I was thinking, since the call is already in UCCX why not just keep the entire logic there. Also the No Answer field for the people already points to this script so I can't use it.

Also for, clarification, I'm not really using the Agent functions of UCCX, I'm basically just using it to be able to make IVRs that can do more complicated things like read variables out of an xml file and take decisions based on this or time of day routing without the hassle of different partitions and such.

OK, I understand. 

By the way, how sure you are that you call is falling under the "Timeout" branch of the Call Consult Redirect? Did you try to use the "Reactive Script" method to see that indeed this is the case? Maybe you're getting to the "Unsuccessful" branch or something like that. 

you are completely right. I was over thinking it and didn't do basic debugging. It was hitting the Unsuccessful branch as the Hunt Pilot it was sending to had one test member and the RNA Revision Timers to ring this phones was shorter than Timout field of the Call Consult Transfer.
I have tested this now, If it's the other way around, the Timeout value is reached first and it goes to the timeout brach correctly and plays the prompt.

Thank you for your help. I have googled the issue before I posted the question and I think some posts gave me some wrong ideas of what the issue could be, and it didn't occur to me that it could be taking a different branch. Never skip basic testing, beginner mistake :)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: