cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCXE Caller returning the queue question

JimMC1966
Level 1
Level 1

I have callers hearing their position in the queue and it changes as calls are answered (sent to an agent or abandoned). I am getting trouble tickets indicating that when the caller is "sent" to an agent and that agent doesn't answer, the caller is returned to queue. This is normal but the callers position has changed; the queue is treating them as a new call. They hear ringing as the call is sent to the agent, then they hear the queue announce they are now position 5 . How do I correct this? Can I set up something within the script that when a call is returning from an agent non-answer, the caller has priority for the next available agent?

3 Replies 3

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, of course you can "catch" those RNA (Ring No Answer) situations.

All you need is to add a "Set Priority" node with a higher priority (default and lowest priority is always 1, so you can set 5 for example) under the "Failed" of the "Connect" node in the Queue.

Like in this screen I made:UCCX-RONA.PNG

Should do the trick :)

Technically you cannot catch the RNA event with steps in the Failed branch, *if* there are more Agents to send the call to in that moment.

Test it for yourself. Have two Agents, both Ready, place a Play Prompt step in the Failed branch so you know when the RNA happens, and then call in. Let the first Agent RNA, and tell me if you heard the Play Prompt play. I think you'll find that you wont hear it play. But! Then let the second Agent also RNA now (while the first Agent remains Not Ready), and you *will* hear the Play Prompt.

So then I pose to you, what good does using the Failed branch do, if you can only actually affect a fraction of the calls?

Hmmm, it is very interesting what you are saying. Are you 100% sure?
Because we had a lot of tests on this matter, we're calling web services that are eventually writing data into a database and some more actions that are flagging those calls as RNA calls, and we tested it also on production environments where there are even more then 2 available agents, and we didn't see any issues with the "Failed" branch and the web service calls and the final data in the database.
Anyway, thanks, I'll make another test on this matter just to verify that we are not lacking something here.
And... that means that if that's the case, so there's no valid solution to detect RNA?