Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller Enter Digit clashing between two ICM/IVR Scripts

k.ms
Level 1
Level 1

Setup - ICM 7.X with CRS 5.X and CCM 6.X

High level call flow -  Rote Point/DN >> Main Menu ICM script  with two options “1” and “2” pointing to two different ICM queueing scripts(pointing to IVR for queueing with VM option).  If all agents are busy, both the queueing script has an option(press 1) to leave VoiceMail.

Issue – When a caller selects option 1 in Main Menu and if all agents are busy in associated queue script, the call  automatically goes to VM without caller pressing option 1 for VM. The reason looks like, the option “1”  selected in Main Menu script is carried to the Q script where in “1” points to VM. The issue is not seen when the caller selects option 2 in Main Menu ie call queues and goes to VM only when selected.

IVR scripts for Main Menu and Call queuing is configured for "Set enterprise call info"(value 1 & name set as CallerEnterDigits).Flush input buffer is set to "Yes" in IVR.

How can I flush the option “1” selected in Main Menu Script so that it does not clash with the VM option in Q script?

2 Replies 2

Kris Lambrechts
Level 1
Level 1

Just after the decision point for the main menu in your UCCE Script  (probably a CED or If node), you can clear the CED contents. You can do this with a 'Set Variable"  node, you'd set Call.CallerEnteredDigits to an empty string, i.e. ""  and that should do the trick.

Cheers,

Kris

A small addition:

I generally do this prior to each new choice that is offered rather than after the prior decision point. That way I can look at the script and be sure that it's "blanked out" in case I forgot to do it somewhere else farther upstream. Just personal preference...