Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot redirect the call to voicemail

Zygmuntix
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am working on Cisco UCCX and I am using Cisco UCM integration. When I am calling from external number ('customer') to one of Cisco extensions ('agent') I am clicking 'Decline' on the agent's Cisco Jabber. Then I am redirected to the agent's voicemail.

Unfortunately I cannot do the same thing from the code: I tried to use CiscoConnection.reject() and CiscoConnection.disconnect() methods to achieve the same effect. But these methods are not working! I am getting the same Cisco events for the observed extension (at least the same number of Cisco events of the same classes - disconnected for customer, disconnected for agent, Terminal dropped for agent), but when I am using 'reject' or 'disconnect' method on the Connection - the connection from customer to agent 1 is not redirected to the voicemail. After few seconds connection between customer and agent 1 is disconnected.

6 Replies 6

Not sure if I got your use case down, but AFAIK you have a call that is processed by CCX and when the selected agent gets the call presented from the queue in CCX you’re trying to use the reject function in the client calling device software, aka Jabber in your case, and you expect to get the call sent to the agent voice mail. Did I get that down correctly?

If so this would not work as that’s not how a contract centre system is built to behave.

Any agent that is presented with a call is expected to answer the call if he or she is in the ready state, otherwise the state of the agent will be set to Not Ready to not be eligible to get any additional calls.

Would you please explain the use case you have and what outcome that you’re wanting to achieve.

Response Signature

Zygmuntix
Level 1
Level 1

@Roger Kallberg Please take a look at the video that I attached right now:

"Customer" with extension 5001 is calling "agent 1" 6002. Agent 1 declines the call. Then the customer is redirected to voicemail as you can see in the video. I am using UCCX Sandbox to do this.

The problem is with doing the same scenario in the code. When I call the method "disconnect" in JTapi (in Java code) on the Connection for Agent 1 (6002) - the call is in some invalid state (I cannot use 'reject' because the pre-conditions are not met):

disconnectProblem.png

I still  see the UCCX Agent with time 0:00:00 (the time doesn't change). Then the call is disconnected. I would like to do the same operations that are done when I click 'Decline" on Cisco Jabber - the call should be redirected from agent 1 to voicemail.

I am using com.cisco.jtapi.extensions package in my code.

The first call to me seems to be direct between what you call the "customer" with extension 5001 to the "agent" with extension 6002. Am I correct in that? If so that will work as the call is not in any case handled by your CC system, CCX in this case, as it's a direct call between to extensions.

When you say this

@Zygmuntix wrote:

The problem is with doing the same scenario in the code. When I call the method "disconnect" in JTapi (in Java code) on the Connection for Agent 1 (6002) - the call is in some invalid state (I cannot use 'reject' because the pre-conditions are not met):

What do you mean by that? What code is it that you refer to, some code in the CCX script engine or some self written code that uses the jtapi extension directly on the clients (agent) PC?

Response Signature

I see that I am connected to UCCX Agent as you can see in the video. I do not know if it is somehow handled by UCCX in this case, probably no (?).

The 'code' that I mentioned is JTAPI code that I use. I have a program which uses JTapi to connect to Cisco UCM server. Then I get the Connection for the Agent002 (6002) from the CiscoConnection in my code. And then I make :

ciscoConnection.disconnect(); 

but the behaviour is another then when I clicked "Decline" on the agent's Cisco Jabber. I thought that I could instead do ciscoConnection.redirect(voicemailAddress); - but I would rather like to handle this in proper way...

@Zygmuntix wrote:

I see that I am connected to UCCX Agent as you can see in the video. I do not know if it is somehow handled by UCCX in this case, probably no (?).

That is correct, the call is not touching CCX.

@Zygmuntix wrote:

The 'code' that I mentioned is JTAPI code that I use. I have a program which uses JTapi to connect to Cisco UCM server. Then I get the Connection for the Agent002 (6002) from the CiscoConnection in my code. And then I make :

ciscoConnection.disconnect(); 

but the behaviour is another then when I clicked "Decline" on the agent's Cisco Jabber. I thought that I could instead do ciscoConnection.redirect(voicemailAddress); - but I would rather like to handle this in proper way...

As this is a development question I'd recommend you to head over to DevNet as that is a better suited community to ask this sort of questions.

Response Signature