cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 7.0 email attachments

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

I'm having an issue with our CCX 7.0 scripts.  Not sure if it is a codec issue or a CCX issue.

The script is built so that callers have the option to leave a message.  The message is stored as a document variable and attached to an email.  However when the email comes in, 9 times out of 10, the attached .wav file cannot be opened.  When attempting to open in Windows Media Player (v 11) I get error code C00D1199.  However sometimes the attachment can be opened and played successfully on my PC, but not on another PC.

Has anybody else run into this issue before?  Any suggestions how to overcome it?  Thanks.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!
1 Reply 1

mclenden
Level 1
Level 1

The primary reason for this error is when a codec is not installed on the box that your running Windows Media Player from (that is the common knowledge part)...a possible reason for this could be that some wav files are being saved in different formats than others. A quick check to see if there are different CTI port groups configured to use different codec would prove that out. Also...can you play the files on another computer or in a different player like VLC?

Peace,

Michael Clendening