Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX Changing Domain Name

Looking for a document that lists the steps that need to be taken to successfully move a CCX server on 10.6 from one AD Domain to another.  I have found this for Call Manager and Unity but not for CCX.  Can someone point me to some documents?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

vincent.morton
Level 1
Level 1

Richard, I need to do the same thing soon for one of our customers. I don't suppose you managed to find a definitive document detailing the process?

First up, UCCX is not AD integrated, rather, its CUCM integrated. So, whereever your CUCM is pointed to for directory and authentication, is where UCCX will also be "pointed" to. Think of it like this: CUCM proxies directory requests for UCCX.

Second, if maybe you meant changing the DNS domain, then look no further than the set network domain CLI command.

Also, something to note:

"Adding DNS and Domain Name information on UCCX will change the License MAC. Hence capture the current License MAC by issuing show status command from UCCX CLI beofre making any changes. Once the change is done capture the new License MAC again and provide both the old and new one to Cisco Licensing Team so that they can rehost the license files. You will get 30 days to upload the rehosted license file on UCCX, also when you will add the Domain Name information on CCX system will go for an automatic reboot so make sure you are doing this in after hours."
Source: https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/dns-configuration-on-live-system/m-p/3174858/highlight/true#M9602

Anthony,

Thanks for the quick response.

We've already pointed the CUCM LDAP Authentication at the new domain and it's working, we just need to change the domain name on the UCCX server itself and point it's DNS lookups to the servers on the customer's new domain, which, as I understand it, will change the license MAC so I've already opened a case with licensing and will send the new license MAC once it's been generated when we make the changes.

At the agreed maintenance window, the customer will make the forward and reverse DNS entry changes and I'll set the relevant commands and reboot the servers:

set network dns primary x
set network dns secondary y
set network domain z

Once that's done I'll check connectivity and database replication and send the new license MAC to Cisco and the customer will push out the new certs to the user's PC's using group policy, I just want to check I've not missed anything.

You can have the DNS forward and reverse entries in place ahead of time, since the domain is different, there would be no conflict.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: