cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX menu prompt can only be repeated twice

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

Not that a caller would typically do this - but I have a script that goes to a prompt with an option to press * to repeat it, as it's an email address mentioned. I do repeat it, but thought to confirm I'd offer the option again. I can press * twice, each time will play the prompt again. If I select any option after hearing the prompt a third time, whether it's * to play it again or 1 to return to the main menu (via another trigger), I get 'Thank you for calling, good bye'. 

It's not likely to be a concern - but I wonder where that threshold or repetition limit is set?

6 Replies 6

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to who whoever moved this to the Contact Center forum. I couldn't find it and would not have looked in Collaboration.

Can you post a picture of the menu and it’s configuration?

david

The normal limits in a Menu step is configuret under the "input" tab

ThomasGJohannesen_0-1700139603357.png

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

@david.macias - I was thinking I should have posted the script!. Here's the original one:disb.JPG

I then noted and removed Goto Ending Menu - now when I hit * 3 times (to repeat the menu) I go into queue - so it seems it's going to the Unsuccessful step, to QUEUE LOOP.

disp2.JPG

@Thomas G. Johannesen - Retries is set to 0. What's really strange is if I press 1 which goes to the trigger (10 digit phone #) I can repeat choices in that menu as many times as I want - in other words when I press 4 from the main menu (different trigger & script) and press 1 in this Disbursements script that we're looking at - I can repeatedly press 1, then 4, etc. etc... It seems I get the 2 tries max just when pressing * to return to the menu within the script. But when I press 1 it exits this script and goes to an entirely different one, which I can do as many times as I'd like. So like you said, it seems there's a limit set to 2 somewhere in the script we're looking at. 

Thanks for the replies.

Can you put a label after Successful and before Menu and then for * go to that label. The way you're describing this is not 100% clear for me, so I'm struggling with what all you're doing.

david

Ok sorry - this script and menu is option 4 from another menu. It previously allowed them to leave a voicemail message. The customer ask instead that it just provide an email address. As a courtesy and option - I changed the option 1 (formerly to leave a message) to return to the main menu (another trigger/script) which works fine. Also * to repeat the menu (p1961) so they can hear the email address again.

That also works, just when fooling around I pressed * a 3rd time, that's when it originally routed to the end with 'Good bye'. Since I deleted that it goes into the Disbursements queue (I think via the Unsuccessful step). It's really just me being curious why the * could only be pressed twice, third time in goes into queue. Doubt anyone would really do that,

I'll be checking the thread later, going into a project to cut over 2 of our buildings from an old legacy AT&T system,,, to Cisco.