Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX8.5 to 10.6 upgrade fail

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We're trying to migrate and upgrade from MCS based CCX 8.5 to VM based CCX10.6 but having issues.

Plan taken:

Backup MCS CCX Pub

Power off MCS CCX Pub

Restore backup on VM CCX pub - worked ok.

Power off MCS CCX Sub

Add VM CCX Sub and join to cluster.

Upon completion we were unable to browse to the CCX Sub Appadmin page to unable to run the Replication Wizard to finish to the install. 

TAC were reluctant to help due to Version EOL but tried to run the CET tool - no joy.

We tried to rollback to MCS setup but the CCX Sub is now in same position as above - unable to join cluster so we have lost HA.

Any suggestions on how to fix HA so we can plan this again with less downtime?

Cheers guys

Rich

7 Replies 7

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

Are you running v8.5(1)SU4? Did anything else change during the upgrade (i.e. Hostname, IP address/mask, NTP, DNS, SMTP, etc.)? If anything changes, then 1) your license isn't valid anymore and 2) the restore process requires the same setup (i.e. Hostname, IP address/mask, NTP and so on) as the backup. I can't say why the rollback didn't work.

Yeah SU4. We changed the IP of the Subscriber VM only.

We removed the Subscriber from the Publisher as per documentation but it wouldnt sync up when we re-added it or even when we rolled back to physical.

So, when you rollback... was the IP Address the original one or the new one? Are you currently using DNS? If not, you must configure DNS. Check this out;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/uccx-10-6-domain-error-when-changing-ip/td-p/2770430

Cisco Documentation is duff! You must run the Replication Wizard via Unified Serviceability NOT CCX Admin page. TAC spent hours 'fixing' this until we discovered this basic error

Yup. Cheers for doc though Mark. The link I saw wasn't the same.

alexangelides
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rich,

If you go to Cisco Unified Serviceability page of the subscriber ( https://<ipaddress>/ccmservice) rather than the Cisco Unified CCX Administration page and log in using the application admin user credentials, you will be presented with the Replication Wizard which will allow you to move forward with your installation and consequently allow the subscriber to rejoin the cluster and the databases to replicate.

Thanks

Alex