Views
Helpful
Replies

Change agent hold music

shahulhameed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Friends,

During the agent's hold period, I want to add a voice note with some tips for the user. The default music is playing at the moment.

Please advise how can I configure it?

21 Replies 21

Hey Shahulhameed

Use the hold/Unhold step in the editor..

ThomasGJohannesen_0-1661169853570.png

Here is there music for 15 seconds, then a prompt, and then again 15 seconds of music.  (And after that it loops)

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Hello Thomas,

Is there limitation of 15 seconds? Could you please assist me the step by step configuration? Because I tried to update but couldn't.

shahulhameed_0-1661232953088.png

No limitation in seconds

This is have the it works

The Call Hold step activates the music

Delay step is the seconds until next step

Call UnHold stops the music

So in your screendump this is the scenario

1. Delay 1 second with silence
  2. Playing prompt "Waiting_MSG"
  3. Music for 15 seconds
  4. Loops back to step 1
Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Hello Thomas,

Could you please share me the step by step configuration?

Regards,

Hello @shahulhameed 

I understand that you want to change the audio of MOH, for doing this first add a MOH Server Audio Source on UCM with the correct format, and then modify your Call Control Group used on CCX selecting the MOH that you just created.  Consider that you may need to restart some services for this configuration be applied.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hello Juan,

Do we need MOH server? Cant we upload the audio prompt to UCCX and assign the prompt to the hold? I do not want to play the recorded voice for the end user to put them on hold. I want to play the recorded voice for the call center agents to put the user on hold.

Regards,

Hello shahulhameed, 

There are 2 different situations for hold:
1. Agents are not available and while in queue the UCCX can put the call to hold to play the MOH from the CUCM. If you want, you can also add some other custom wav-files to this loop, as Thomas showed you in his example. 

2. Your Agent was talking to the client and the Agent puts the call on hold. In this case you can use only CUCM MOH, so you have to upload your custom wav-file to your CUCM MOH server and configure the settings of the Agent's phone appropriately (User MOH).

I guess that your case is about the situation 2, right? 

Hello Dmytro

Yes, I want number 2 scenario. Do you have any manual for step by step configuration?

Regards,

You can simply google for that. For, example, a nice manual for MOH is shown here:

https://telephonynetworking.fandom.com/wiki/CUCM_Configure_Custom_Music_On_Hold_MOH

Hello @shahulhameed,

Based that you prefer scenario number 2, I just prefer to configure MOH file on Call Control Group used on CCX instead of assigning MOH to DN.

HTP.

Regards,

Hello Juan, 

But in scenario 2 the agent is connected to the caller. In this case Call Control Group used on CCX (IVR ports) is already released and doesn't participate in this call anymore. Therefore, its setting will not be used in this situation and only the CUCM settings can be used for the MOH.

Call Control Group settings for MOH are used in 2 cases:
- when the script puts the caller on hold or
- when the call is transferred to the Agent and the caller is waiting for Agent's answer. 

BTW, there is often a situation, when the owners of the contact center want to provide a ringback tone instead of MOH to a caller, when the call is sent (transferred) to the Agent. Several years ago I wrote a post about this configuration and it can be found here:

https://dbenda.blogspot.com/2015/02/uccx.html 

Hello Dmytro,

You're right, in that case that is the behavior.

Regards,

Hello Dmytro

Thanks for your responses. My requirements are as follows.

01. I do not want to modify If a user is put on hold while he is calling another end user,

02. I want to change the default music to a customized voice. If any user calls an agent, the agent may check something or may try to contact a technical person at the same time the agent puts the user on hold.

03. I have 5 points and do not want to play all at once. They should be one after one (circular). I recorded all the 5 points separately.

Hello shahulhameed, 

Yes, I read your requirements yesterday, when you posted them to all. However, I don't know how to configure your scenario with 5 different records, unfortunately. When the Agent answer, the only point for MOH is CUCM settings. But in CUCM you can apply only one record per Phone. That's the problem. 

On my opinion, the only thing you can do here is just to combine all your 5 records into one wav file and play it when the Agent puts the call on hold. In this case they will be played one by one, but it should be just one file for CUCM MOH - you can't provide 5 different records there.