cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change caller input numbers to corresponding letters in CVP application

chad_meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone.  I am developing a CVP application which has a requirement of collecting caller input to enter their ID.  IDs can be alphanumeric.  Is there a way to have my app convert the number to a corresponding letter?  For example, if my ID is CM123 I would enter 26123 on the keypad and for the first two digits it would try to lookup the various combinations of results (AM, BM, CM, AN....etc).  I am by no means a Java guy so would like to do this with default elements if possible.  Thanks everyone.

4 Replies 4

You should be able to do this via javascript. I'm just going to put down some generic code to get you started. I assume that first digit and second digit are always letters. Using an Action Element the below would split your ID into an array and then look at position 0 to evaluate what number is it. Under Settings for the element use a local variable like IDFirstLetter and make the value:

importPackage(com.audium.server.cvpUtil);
var ID = {Data.Element.enterID.value};

var arrayID = ID.split();
if (arrayID[0] == '2'){
return A
}else if (arrayID[0]=='3')}
return B
}else{
return ?

david

Quigath
Spotlight
Spotlight

I think you could also do this with a converted data lookup. Assuming that your data is in a table structure, convert each alphanumeric entry to its corresponding digits: chadmeyer -> 242363937. Store both the name and the entry as data fields. Then, when the user enters that digit combination, you can easily match the numbers. This has the added benefit of knowing if there are any converted numeric collisions beforehand.

chad_meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you both for the replies.  Part of the project is to incorporate Nuance TTS and are now investigating deploying the ASR component as well.  Unrelated to this topic do either of you have any CVP app examples that use Nuance?  I am coming up short with examples online.  Thanks!

As far as programming a Cisco IVR goes, the TTS/ASR server type has been transparent to me. Meaning that I have very rarely needed to code anything to a specific brand of speech server. They all work about the same as far as CVP is concerned.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: