Views
Helpful
Replies

Changed Agent name. Not showing update in Supervisor desktop

rbblue234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have UCM 8.5 and UCCX 8.5 running in our cluster.  UCM is pulling authenication from Microsoft Active directory.   We recently changed an agents name in Microsoft Active Directory and forced a sync in UCM.  We are able to login to UCCX web page and see the updated agent name when we go to SubSystem -->  RMCM --> Resources.  When the agent logs into CCX through agent desktop we are still showing there old name in supervisor desktop.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hmmm, try restarting the sync service on UCCX. You will not drop calls or log agents out by doing so either.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hmmm, try restarting the sync service on UCCX. You will not drop calls or log agents out by doing so either.

Hello.

in UCCX Desktop Admin,  there is a button that says Manual Synchronization of Directory Services.  Is that what your referencing?  Or are you talking about Cisco Desktop Sync Service in CCX serviceability?

To be honest I was talking about the service and didn't even remember that there was a button to force sync. For all I know the button does the same thing as restarting the service.

I would try the button first, then restart the service if that doesn't work.

+5 for you Anthony as usual .

rbblue try with the manual sync first that works like 90% of the times if by any chance you get an error during the sync, go ahead and restart the Cisco Desktop Sync Service and try the manual sync, that should do it.

HTH

Please rate this post if was helpful

Walter Solano

Thanks!

I have done a manual sync which did not fix the issue.

I just issued the restart of the service (after hours to ensure the customer is not aware of the work being done).

One thing i did note though...  this is a cluster of two servers.  When i restarted the service with an M (M for master) it never went to status of S (s for slave).  It stayed as M status.  Is that correct?

Got it all worked out and updated with correct answer marked.

I think that, only restarting the Engine will failover the services to the secondary.

The service stayed as M and never went to S.  I did do a reset on both systems.