cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

changing passwords via ccmuser page

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

Has anyone run into this issue, users can't update their passwords?

Have CUCM ver 8.0.3 integrated with AD, CCX ver 8.0.2.10000-41.  A one button login to ccx configured via a phone service, logs in fine however users cannot update their password via the ccmuser page.  The page takes the new password fine, but is not using the new password.

Updating the password on the Service Information section of the admin page does indeed update the password, changing the password here works fine.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are AD integrated, you cannot change your password through a voice server web page.

Scratch that. I reread your post. You are asking about changing the phone service parameter associated with the IPPA service. Correct?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are AD integrated, you cannot change your password through a voice server web page.

Scratch that. I reread your post. You are asking about changing the phone service parameter associated with the IPPA service. Correct?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Correct: The user can't change the saved password pareameter on the service URL, the webpage allows the  change however the server doesn't seem to be using it. However it can be  changed from the Admin page.

frzhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The password in IPPA service is not linked to anything in CUCM. It's just a regular parameter to the phone service. So, once the user password is changed, the password used in the phone service also needs to be manually updated. That brings a good feature in CUCM though.

Correct, however has nothing to do with my issue. The problem I am having is the user is unable to update this parameter using the user web.

After the user updates the parameter, have they applied the changes or reset the phone?  I've noticed that these commands are in the CCMUser pages as well, and often times things don't work till they are applied/reset.

Cliff

Shortly after pressing save the phone does a reset you can see by watching phone display blink. I've tried resetting phone manually also.

Posted from my mobile device.

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

well at least I found a workaround for agents having to give cucm admin their passwords:   The agent updates the ip service password parameter to their new password (at this point logging in will still say invalid password), then the admin logs into Admin web, goes to Subscribed Cisco IP Phone Services for device,  does not change any of the parameters for the One button login service, but simply presses save. Now when agent logs in works fine.  Looks like we may be stuck with the workaround, TAC didn't know of a way around this. Only bothersom as agents have to contact the admin whenever they change their passwords.  Message was edited by: scheived