Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Advanced Quality Manager: Network Recording

Laith Ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I am trying to configure network recording for UCCX environment using Cisco Quality Management,

The problem here when i configure a sip trunk from the CUCM to the QM,

The sip port won't open on the QM server, as should the network recording service accepts sip requests from the CUCM
Then the CUCM will send the RTP stream to the QM server.

Could you please help, it is very important to me!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just did the same install couple of weeks ago and all is working, I did run into an issue when jtapi was suppose to install and it did not, I had to install it manually.

Make sure the jtapi user you defined is properly setup in CUCM with CTI group/monitoring and recording groups, make sure the credentials policy on that user is set for the password not to expire.

If you ensure the above is correct try installing jtapi again on the QM server, there are directions in the install guide on how to do that.

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure I fully follow what you are trying to say.  You need to create few things:

SIP trunk with destination to the recording server

route pattern pointing to the SIP trunk

recording profile with the same destination as the RP

on the phone enable BIB

on the line configure the monitoring CSS, recording profile, etc.

and lastly on QM server assign the agent to the recording server and ensure he/she is enabled for network recording.

Dear Chris,

I Already did all of that, including integrating the Cisco Finesse to QM,

I made sip trunk points to the QM on port 5060.

is there any conditions on the sip trunk, like should it be secure?

how can i make sure that the QM can receive SIP invites from CUCM?

here is a status of the sip trunk after i configured option to ping in the sip profile:

Are all services running on the AQM server? Is the CTI service on admin portal or postinstall showing ACTIVE?

Install wireshark on the QM server and see if you get SIP messages, however seeing that you have Options PING enabled on the SIP trunk via sip profile and the current status is "no service" I doubt the call will even be attempted. You can try disabling options ping as I am not sure it is supported on AQM.

Dear Chris,

All services are running on the server, but the status of the cti service on the post install is showing INACTIVE

I installed the QM on windows 2012r2 platform & and updated it to SR6.

I just did the same install couple of weeks ago and all is working, I did run into an issue when jtapi was suppose to install and it did not, I had to install it manually.

Make sure the jtapi user you defined is properly setup in CUCM with CTI group/monitoring and recording groups, make sure the credentials policy on that user is set for the password not to expire.

If you ensure the above is correct try installing jtapi again on the QM server, there are directions in the install guide on how to do that.

Dear Chris,

The service now is active, and i can see the sip invites in the server,

i tested the recording and it is not working yet,

i ran wireshark and it looks like my deskphone sending SRTP packets to the server

shouldn't my phone send RTP packets instead of SRTP?

This is interesting question as I ran into the exact same issue the other day and was wondering the same. My solution was to ensure I had proper secured Authentication URL in enterprise parameters on CUCM, as soon as corrected it (was messing with it for other applications) all started to work and the destination unreachable error went away.

I was applying some third part application myself,

i replaced the authentication url with CUCM URL both http & https,

I still has the same "unreachable error" and also i still can't see the recording in QM GUI page.

So, is the secured URL defined as HTTPS?

Yeah

non secure: http://cucm_ip:8080/ccmcip/authenticate.jsp

secure: https://cucm_ip:8443/ccmcip/authenticate.jsp

That looks fine.

Look in C:\Program Files\Cisco\WFO_QM\log directory at the ManaReport_latest to see if there is anything that pops out as latest error, i.e. phones not associated with JTAPI user, etc.

Dear Chris,

also i checked the CTI server log, and i got this error:

User Licensing invalid

My QM is licensed and my test user for recording is "CR" Licensed

Hmm, not sure about that. Are your users licensed and linked properly for CR?

Dear,

My License info is below:

the error message in the CTI service like this:

User licensing is invalid: Max=<6>. Allocated=<0>.