Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Agent Desktop Database Interaction with UCCX

Dominic Zeni
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I am looking into replacing a CAD installation with AMC telephony connector.  I know that CAD writes to the UCCX database, but I'm not sure exactly what reporting information we are going to lose without CAD.  I'm certain we will lose any information normally seen by supervisors relating to the agents, but I'm more concerned that we will lose historic information from a per-call basis.  Call duration, average talk time, max talk time, etc..

Does anyone have information on this, or could point me to a good document?

Thanks,

D

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

About 18 months ago I had a detailed look at the Cisco Salesforce.com connector that replaced CAD.

The bigest issue was the agent dissapeared from the supervisor desktop. So the Supervisor could not see what the agent was doing, could not change the agent state, could not record, silent monitor, barge or intercept. And you lose Not Ready codes and wrap up codes.

All the CSQ information was still there so the Supervisor could see the number of agents ready, not ready etc on each CSQ.

I had a look at a couple of historical reports and it looked like all the same Agent information was still there.

The loss of Supervisor control was too much for the customer and they did not proceed with the SFDC connector.

Graham

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

CAD doesn't write to the DB as far as I'm aware. The logins/state changes/call data related to the agents is written to the DB by the services on the server, so as long as you are still logging in and managing state on the UCCX server one way or another then the data should still be written.

I'm not familiar with AMC, but if they have a productised CAD replacement then it must use the UCCX APIs to achieve this... if they don't have one already then developing one won't be trivial.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

About 18 months ago I had a detailed look at the Cisco Salesforce.com connector that replaced CAD.

The bigest issue was the agent dissapeared from the supervisor desktop. So the Supervisor could not see what the agent was doing, could not change the agent state, could not record, silent monitor, barge or intercept. And you lose Not Ready codes and wrap up codes.

All the CSQ information was still there so the Supervisor could see the number of agents ready, not ready etc on each CSQ.

I had a look at a couple of historical reports and it looked like all the same Agent information was still there.

The loss of Supervisor control was too much for the customer and they did not proceed with the SFDC connector.

Graham

Thanks for the responses.  This is exactly the information I was looking to find out!