Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Contact Center Script (12.5) generate a busy tone

Simon Roberts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm looking for suggestions on how I can set a Contact Center Script (v12.5) script to send a busy tone out to our SIP provider when the maximum number of sessions set on the script is reached.

The script I'm generating is to provide callers with a simple IVR.  I'm wanting to set a limit on calls to the menu and allow queuing to be provided by our 3rd part SIP provider. Calls will only be queued if a busy tone is returned

thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

I don’t think that what you ask for is possible. Let me explain why, when CCX reaches the maximum number of sessions it will not accept any more calls, with this there cannot be any script that answers the call. So what you ask for to do in a script will never happen as the call wouldn’t reach a script.

If I’m missing your point please provide a little more specifics on what it is that you want to accomplish and how you see the use case play out for this.

Response Signature

You could make your own counter , and when you reach the maximum, send the Call to an busy script ( ccx has a standard busy script you Can choise when making a new applikation - in the first step )

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Simon Roberts
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Roger , Thomas for taking the time to respond.  George I’ll give your suggestion a try, I was thinking something similar myself ,  thanks