cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ES10 CVP Update App

shayanahmad96
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone help me understand the difference if any between the update application shell script with ES10 applied and without it. I am noticing some issues with ES10 applied where on using the update application script to update any VXML application, instead of the previous application instance terminating the new instance terminates instead. This is only resolved and works properly on a complete VXML server restart. Has anyone come across this issue and would you know what change in the Update shell script with ES10 applied is causing this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shayanahmad96
Level 1
Level 1

We raised this issue with Cisco and they have found a bug and ES10 is no longer available for download. They are now working on ES11 and will release it accordingly. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

What version are you referring to, like 12, 12.5, 12.6.1, etc.? And when you say the application script, what do you mean?

Like if you deploy an application via OAMP/Ops Console vs. if you do it manually you get different experiences?

Hi Bill

The version is 12.6(2) for CVP. I am attaching the release notes for what i mentioned:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/ES_MR/ES/ccvp_b_ccvp-eng-es-spl/ccvp_m_1262-customer-voice-portal-engineering-specials-for-release.html

Whether i Update through OAMP or i do it manually using the Update shell script in the admin folder of the application i am seeing the same behavior where the new application instance terminates rather than previous one. 

Can you uninstall ES10 and see if it still happens?

I compared the shell script of a CVP server with and without ES10 and the contents of the file are exactly the same. Additionally, I've been deploying and updating CVP apps on an ES10 server with no issues. But it's possible that something is up with ES10. Cisco released ES9 before yanking that over a uri issue within Call Studio elements...

Hi Omar. 
i did uninstall ES10 and tried and things worked fine after that so it seems to be the issue is with that. I did look for ES9 but could not find it available to download.

Not sure if it helps you but I noticed that Call Studio is impacted by that ES (you see it mentioned in the notes to upgrade), but it is not listed for download in the normal Call Studio section, so not sure if that's simply an oversight on their part.
But did you update Studio when you applied ES10 or only CVP for instance?

shayanahmad96
Level 1
Level 1

We raised this issue with Cisco and they have found a bug and ES10 is no longer available for download. They are now working on ES11 and will release it accordingly. 

Thank you for posting the update @shayanahmad96 , good to know.