cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Finesse: 3rd Party Gadget iframe with SSO

adusepeney79
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of embedding an Ivanti ticketing system webpage into Cisco Finesse (UCCX 11.6.1). While working on this using the 3rd party solution, any web access that has a Single Sign On (SSO) enabled, would either not display at all or would display with the login option but it seems the credentials are not being passed (Oauth) token.

We can bring up Ivanti successfully but when we try to login, the page becomes a null.  A complete blank page is displayed and the iframe information shows no value from Finesse or Ivanti.

Has someone been able to embed a SSO iframe into Finesse successfully? Please do share your experience and knowledge.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you sure that the Ivanti ticketing system can be embedded into an iframe? Not all webpages can be embedded into an iframe due to clickjacking. What I would suggest is to create a vanilla html page that embeds the ticketing system into an iframe to see if it is even possible. By doing so, you can determine if the issue is specifically on the Finesse container or not. A lot of times, the login page is ok to be embedded into an iframe, but all the further pages cannot be.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you sure that the Ivanti ticketing system can be embedded into an iframe? Not all webpages can be embedded into an iframe due to clickjacking. What I would suggest is to create a vanilla html page that embeds the ticketing system into an iframe to see if it is even possible. By doing so, you can determine if the issue is specifically on the Finesse container or not. A lot of times, the login page is ok to be embedded into an iframe, but all the further pages cannot be.

Thanx,

Denise

Hello Denise,

Thank you so much as this is an eye opener. When I performed a screen pop in Finesse with Ivanti, it worked so I assumed the iframe would've worked too. Following your suggestions has led me to finalize that Ivanti isnt allowing anything more than just the login as you've mentioned. The vanilla html created shows that the connection is refused and would not even show the login page. I will work with Ivanti to see if something can be done or not so we can move forward. Thank you very much.Iavnti.PNG

Glad that I was able to help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: