Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Finesse notification ring/sound call presented in live bar

BenjaminLiberti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is there a way to get a ring/tone/sound when a new call is presented in Cisco Finesse?

Looking at the pic I attach, when one of the entry of the column "Calls Waiting" changes from 0 to 1 (or 1 to 2 etc..) we need to hear a sound/alert (like a brief "ding") so to know that a call was presented to the queue.

Thanks.

14 Replies 14

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You would have to build a custom gadget and this would only work for a CCE deployment.

If so, for CCE, Finesse has queue statistic events: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!queue/queue In the Queue object, there is a callsInQueue field which you would want to use. Then, use javascript to make the sound/noise. I googled and found a stackoverflow thread on this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21815323/have-sound-play-when-alert-is-triggered

Hope that helps.

Thanx,

Denise

thclaypool
Level 1
Level 1

Could you please add this as a feature? We all have multiple tabs open all the time. We need to be alerted when there is a new call in the queue if we are not the next person in line to answer. That would allow everyone to do other things and not constantly have to go to the open Finesse tab for a visual scan. Our call center is tiny, so we need tools that make us efficient.

I have forwarded your request to the Finesse product owner.

Thanx,

Denise

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

I created one for Mobile Agents. 

AS for Nailed up connections there was no audio alert and it was a pain.

This is a really simple gadget and could be made to ring for all calls and not just when agent is logged in as a mobile agent.

It is a hidden gadget so you don't "see" it as such.

You can download it from here:

http://orourke.tv/web/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=myapps:finesse:macallnotificationv1.zip

==== Overview ====
The simple gadget can be hosted on the Finesse Servers.
It is used to give an Audio alert when a call arrives, via the Browser Desktop when connected in Mobile Agent Nailed Up Connection Mode
Since the Audio alert is played via the Browser - if using a citrix session it must have audio enabled (which usually seems to be the case!) and the agent PC's / Laptop must have audio / sound card enabled.

====Tested Browsers====
Chrome
Firefox
IE11

====Known Issues====
Agent Whisper Calls
The Ring alert does not stop until after the whisper plays.
Dialog and user changes do not catch this when whisper starts to play.
Unsure if it is possible to catch the event for when whisper starts. Likely possible likely using catching popup changes - but then not supported on 11.6.

====Note====
F5 Refresh
If an agent press F5 to reload the Finesse Desktop after they are logged in, they must click the Finesse desktop at least once before an alert can play.
If they do not, the first alert after a F5 refresh will not play.
This is a feature on certain browsers (e.g. Chrome) - to prevent annonying websites playing audio before any user interaction.

====How to Deploy====
Deploy as a hidden Gadget if using Finesse UCCE 12 or higher

Note - do not change the Folder Name of the App.
Or if If you do - you need to change the Sound File URL in the JS file.

1) Upload to Finesse server 3rdPartyGadget/files Folder
2) Add the following XML to the Agents Team's Finesse Desktop Latout between an existing Gadgets Element.

<!-- Hidden Gadget for Mobile Agent Nailed Connection - Call Notification -->
<gadget hidden="true">/3rdpartygadget/files/MACallNotification/MACallNotification.xml</gadget>

Note: This is a hidden gadget - so it can be located among other gadgets - and just won't be seen.

If using Finesse 11.X - it does not support hidden gadgets. the Size of the Gadget is minimised, so takes up minimum room - but you see its title (which can be hidden by editing XML file and setting to " ".
Locate it where you think best.

<!-- Finesse 11.x does not support Hidden Gadget for -->
<!-- Mobile Agent Nailed Connection - Call Notification -->
<gadget>/3rdpartygadget/files/MACallNotification/MACallNotification.xml</gadget>

An EXAMPLE of adding the gadget to the existing the Agent History TAB

<tab>
<id>myHistory</id>
<icon>history</icon>
<label>finesse.container.tabs.agent.myHistoryLabel</label>
<columns>
<column>
<!-- The following gadgets are used for viewing the call history and state history of an agent. -->
<gadgets>
<!-- Hidden Gadget for Mobile Agent Nailed Connection - Call Notification -->
<gadget hidden="true">/3rdpartygadget/files/MACallNotification/MACallNotification.xml</gadget>
<gadget>https://ucce-cuic-a.lab2.purplepi.ie:8444/cuic/gadget/LiveData/LiveDataGadget.jsp?gadgetHeight=280&viewId=5FA44C6F930C4A64A6775B21A17EED6A&filterId=agentTaskLog.id=CL%20teamName</gadget>
<gadget>https://ucce-cuic-a.lab2.purplepi.ie:8444/cuic/gadget/LiveData/LiveDataGadget.jsp?gadgetHeight=280&viewId=56BC5CCE8C37467EA4D4EFA8371258BC&filterId=agentStateLog.id=CL%20teamName</gadget>
</gadgets>
</column>
</columns>
</tab>

====Test Alert HTML====

https://<finesse-server>/3rdpartygadget/files/MACallNotification/test-alert.html

==== Reference ====
Reference on Managing 3rd Party Finesse Gadgets
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/finesse/finesse_1161/Admin/guide/cfin_b_cisco-finesse-administration-guide-116/cfin_b_cisco-finesse-administration-guide-116_chapter_01011.pdf

==== License ====

MIT License

Copyright (c) 2020 Gerry O'Rourke

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
SOFTWARE.

Regards,

Gerry

Thank you for posting this. Is there any reason it couldn't be deployed for non mobile agent if it was desired for some reason? I'm guessing also we could use other sounds as long as we name it chirp1.mp3?

Bill,

I created this - as for Mobiel Agents in Nailed up connections they got no audio alert - only visual.

While with every other type of call - the phone rings - so its not necessary.

So that is why I ONLY have it playing a sounds for when the agent is logged in as a mobile Agent in Nailed up connections.

However if you want it is trivial to change this and enable it always.

Here is the section of the original code where it checks for nailed up connections this:

/**
     */
     _handleUserLoad = function (userevent) {
		_myMobileAgentMode = _user.getMobileAgentMode();
		_clientLogger.log("_handleUserLoad(): MobileAgentMode: " + _myMobileAgentMode);

if(_myMobileAgentMode === "NAILED_CONNECTION"){
			_clientLogger.log("_handleUserLoad(): Mobile Agent Connected in 'NAILED_CONNECTION' mode. Audio Alert Enabled!");

_clientLogger.log("_handleUserLoad(): Initate hook for Dialog Add and Delete");
			_dialogs = _user.getDialogs({
				onCollectionAdd : _handleDialogAdd,
				onCollectionDelete : _handleDialogDelete
		 });

//_clientLogger.log("_handleUserLoad(): Initate hook for User Change"); // Only need Dialog Change.
            //_user.addHandler('change', _handleUserChange);
		}else{
		_clientLogger.log("_handleUserLoad(): The Agent is NOT a Mobile Agent in 'NAILED_CONNECTION' mode. Audio Alert NOT Enabled.");
		}
    },

All you would need to do is edit one line :

Line 62:

if(_myMobileAgentMode === "NAILED_CONNECTION")

And change this to:

if(_myMobileAgentMode !== "BANANAS")

As long as the mobile agent mode is NOT equal to "BANANAS" (which it won't be!) - then it will be enabled.

And you can change the audio file from the Cisco IP Phone "Chirp" Audio to something else by editing this line:

Line 53:

var audio = new Audio("../3rdpartygadget/files/MACallNotification/sounds/chirp1.mp3");

So in 5 mins you would have an ability to play an audio file when the Agent Desktop is in alerting mode.

If you do not want the audio file to loop then set this parameter to false.

Line 54:

audio.loop = true; 

Regards,

Gerry

Thank you for posting this. Believe it or not, clients request for the additional alert sometimes since the agent may have the phone not nearby due to using headset or various other weird reasons.

@Gerry O'Rourke This is excellent and I can see other use cases for it. I'm actually working on a browser extension that does something similar so you're beating me to the punch. Very cool and thanks for sharing!

david

David,

You are more than welcome. Thanks for the kind words.

It was very simple.

I think I spent more time trying to find the Cisco Chirp audio file!

I will update it to make it a general audio alert one and publish it. When I get a spare hour...

But its all open source - so anyone is free to edit and use my code.

Regards,

Gerry

Gerry

Hi @Gerry O'Rourke

Can I nudge you to submit your code into the DevNet code exchange? https://developer.cisco.com/codeexchange/ 

From this thread, it definitely seems like there are many people who are looking for this solution.

Thanx,

Denise

Denis,

I have done that now - its in a pending state - so hopefully be available soon....

Gerry

Great job!

Thanks. I have no clue how to do any of this, and I doubt my ITS will have the bandwidth. But glad it helped others!