Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Finesse "Chat and Email Not Ready"

juan.anzola
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a customer with a Finesse deployment. They are not using Chat/Email options but they see "Not Ready for Chat and Email - You are not configured for chat and email" they want to remove that ribbon.

How can i remove that?

3 Replies 3

martyn.rees
Level 4
Level 4

You need to comment/rem out the chat section of the desktop layout in Finesse admin. This needs to be done at the team level if you have modified it for individual teams, or at the global level if all teams use the global desktop

You need to wrap <!-- before the chat & email section and --> at the end in both the supervisor and agents section. You can expand out the default layout below the running config to compare your current config with the default.

<!--
    The following Gadget is used for WebChat and Email. It is *ONLY* supported with WebChat and Email.  If you are not using WebChat and Email, then
    remove it. If you are using WebChat or Email, include this Gadget in the Desktop Layouts used by Teams associated with chat and email
    CSQs. To include this functionality:
        1) Remove these comments leaving the gadget

RESTRICTIONS:
        - The NonVoiceControl gadget must be configured as a page level gadget
        - The NonVoiceControl gadget must not be configured in a column

<gadget>https://localhost/agentdesktop/gadgets/NonVoiceControl.xml</gadget>
-->

Arundeep Nagaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi juan,

The Chat and Email needs to be configured with Social Miner and CCX first. The certificates needs to be uploaded. Check below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/118855-configure-uccx-00.html

Next, install a social miner server on 10.6 and configure the chat and the email from the UCCX appadmin page. This should complete the configuration and you will have this button active.

I think that you have uncommented just the layout section which is bringing up the icon part of the configuration.

Regards,

Arundeep

Dear Arundeep,

I've checked the link which you provided. But there is no result, the link is inaccessible.

Can you provide another link or resource? 

Best Regards

Bahlul