cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Hello.aef example - need help with resolving a java io fileNotFound exception

Peter G
Level 1
Level 1

I am working through Cisco's example scripts in the guide Getting Started with Scripts, Release 10.0(1).   The script that I am stuck on is in chapter 9  is called "hello.aef" - image below shows the 4 line script.  The text for the html files ("welcome.html" and "sayhello.html") that are required by the script is included in the attached docx file.

The Hello.aef example is only four lines long as shown below:

Hell0_aef.JPG

Following the instructions in Cisco's guide I have uploaded the html files ("welcome.html" and sayhello.txt") to the suggested directories using CCX Administration.

CCXAdminDocRepository.jpg

The "sayhello.html" file is in the "template" sub-directory as suggested by the Cisco guide.  I run the reactive debugger on the script the Welcome screen is presented to the browser and I can fill in the form and the "name" is passed to the script (you can see that the variables are populated in the image below). However, the "sayhello.html"  script is never found and the script stops due to a java fileNotFound exception as shown in the image below.

RunTimeException.JPG

There does appear to be conflict in the guide as one part of the guide says to upload the "sayhello.html" to the document repository as shown in an above image.  Later in the Cisco guide it adds a note about creating a File Document in the Unified CCX customer folder only.  This seems to conflict with the earlier instruction about putting the sayhello.html file in the document repository.

I have tried putting the  "sayhello.html" file in various places in the document repository centred around the  "default\webapps\ROOT" directory, but with no luck. I have tried my "C:\" drive on my PC etc, but still no matter where I put it I generate the java io exception of fileNotFound.

Does any one know where to put the html file - "sayhello.html" so that it is found by the server.  If it needs to go in the Customer Folder, then some sample code would help as using the "Customer Folder" is new to me as I have not seen it  in the other Cisco examples that I have worked on.

Look forward to advice and help and hopefully some script that works with a server side html file.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yeah, it's not accurate, thus confusing.

You don't need the Create File Document step at all.

Just set your doc variable to DOC[template/sayhello.html]

And then upload your HTML files to the default language folder of the document repository.  Not inside of webapps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yeah, it's not accurate, thus confusing.

You don't need the Create File Document step at all.

Just set your doc variable to DOC[template/sayhello.html]

And then upload your HTML files to the default language folder of the document repository.  Not inside of webapps.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you.  That worked perfectly.  Really appreciate the solution. 

Regards

Peter. 

PostScript:

In case anyone else has an issue with the Hello.aef script in the Cisco "Getting Started with Scripts" guide, the working script is as follows:

Hello_aef_working.JPG

As Anthony has stated, upload the "sayhello.html" file using CCX Administrator to the Document Repository "default" language directory.

defaultDocDirectory.JPG