cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCCE Script Editor Error: Could not acquire script lock. Error connecting to DbAgent

mariusstan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

In a duplexed UCCE 10.5 cluster I have met a situation: suddenly, trying to use Script Editor from ICM could not edit any script ( Script Editor is placed on the AW server). Error showed:

"Could not acquire script lock. Error connecting to DbAgent."

Collected the logs from AW station specifically for the uaw process which showed this kind of message:

Dis-uaw Trace: SQL Server message: Error: SQLSTATE=HY024, Native error=0, msg='[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Database is invalid or cannot be accessed'.
15:11:50:770 Dis-uaw Trace: Check your AD Domain to ensure that the user is in the required groups to perform this action.

I have restarted the machine but the lock is still there. Now the machine does not show the above message but shows errors at pipe level:

15:27:23:753 Dis-uaw Trace: New trace client: scripted(upcc) on pipe 0x164..
15:27:23:754 Dis-uaw Trace: [client: scripted(upcc)] AW operation: WaitNamedPipe, on pipe: \\Ip_address_of_Side_A\pipe\ICM\cce\RouterA\DbAgent, failed. .
15:27:23:755 Dis-uaw Trace: [client: scripted(upcc)] Trace: Published DbAgent not reachable.. .
15:27:23:780 Dis-uaw EMS message forwarding has started.

Now I have no luck with this. DNS is OK. IP connectivity is OK. The processes are up and running.

Any ideea how I could remove this error in order to be able to edit ICM scripts? What could affect the pipe communications ?

Kind regards,

Marius

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hello Try cycling AW/Distributor service along with the side of the Router it connects to.

also try re-initializing the distributor with the help of the utility available in UCCE tools.

now before all of the above i would expect your doing /accesing tools in aw-distributor using the user has administrator rights, if trying to access aw server using remote desktop tri mstsc /admin to loging and see if it helps.

if nothing works, please collect router logs (all process) and aw-distributor logs (all-process) and attach them here for us to analyze.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mariusstan
Level 1
Level 1

One mistake in explanation. I have restarted the Router A machine not the AW. After router A restart I saw the pipe error. Router A is in fact a rogger.

Regards,

Marius

hello Try cycling AW/Distributor service along with the side of the Router it connects to.

also try re-initializing the distributor with the help of the utility available in UCCE tools.

now before all of the above i would expect your doing /accesing tools in aw-distributor using the user has administrator rights, if trying to access aw server using remote desktop tri mstsc /admin to loging and see if it helps.

if nothing works, please collect router logs (all process) and aw-distributor logs (all-process) and attach them here for us to analyze.

Hello Chintan,
Thank you for suggestions. I have only restarted the Router Side A ( entire server - this was the moment when I saw that SQL did not showed anymore) because the connection between AW and Router Side B was ok from the logs.
I will cycle the services as you said.
The connection was done always like mstsc /admin.
Regards,
Marius

Hello Chintan,

Restarting the AW also solved pipe error.

Regards,

Marius

This is a old post but I was experiencing the same issue, I found 2 things which were causing the issue 

1) Client for Microsoft Networks and File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks not check marked. 

2) In my RoggerB SSMS was not installed. 

After correction of these two steps issue got resolved for me. 

Subh