Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collect UserID from Corporate Directory

Hi

We currently collect Caller Name from our corporate directory in UCM but would also want to collect UserID, is that possible?

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Most likely yes. However you will have to describe how you are retrieving it from the directory currently, and for what purpose, using what versions of what products...

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Right now we are retrieving the name by setting dirURL="http://UCM:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectorylist.jsp?n="

and then using the following:

UCCX: 8.5

UCM: 8.6

I see - in that case, it wouldn't be as simple as you hoped. You are looking up against the user directory that is designed to return contact info for users, not expose their security credentials.

The data is available in CUCM, what I would do is write a small AXL web page that would look up the enduser table based on the number you supply to a parameter on the web page. This would then just return a simple XML document with the userID.

This would also need to be hosted on a seperate server..

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Is your CUCM integrated with LDAP? - if yes then maybe you could modify one of the ASP scripts from the CallManager SDK to return userid in XML format

Thank you for you answers, I was hoping that this would be something easy to do.

No such luck I'm afraid.

Please rate useful responses and mark answered if appropriate..