Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Manager not able to start it because of failing in Distributor

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

I am doing a refresh technology, the old version is ucce 7.2 and the new version is 7.5 (but the new hardware in a new site, while new site has WAN connectoin with production site, so the final target is to have cluster over WAN for the IPCC).

The domain controller is replicated with the production.

RGR is installed and side_A database retored and migrated using the EDMT.

HDS database installed and migrated using the EDMT.

When I did the installation of the AW, I selected real-time and HDS during the installation, IP addresses were given.

Now, when starting the services at the AW machine (which contains also the HDS now), the distributor is not starting successfully but I see the HDS connected with the RGR. So the distributor is not able to do a feed from the RGR.

Distributor updateaw displays:

Real-time feed not active - sleeping for 5 seconds before retry..

And Distributor consol keep doing shutdown (it is like doing restarting ...).

Now, when I try to start the configuration manager, it displays the following:

(-9934) Unable to initialize the real-time feed for instance stc. Unable to proceed until the real-time can be established. The feed may be inactive or you may not have permission to connect to feed.

What could be the reason for this?

Really I was afraid that it is wrong to have a Domain Controller replicated with the production, because I am doing installation for new hardware to be side A for the UCCE, while at the same time there is side A and side B in the production. Does this effect?

While doing trouble shooting, I faced something strange in the registry, that the IP address of the central controller is the IP address of side B of the production, and the SQL database is version 6 (while in the new hardware, I used SQL 2005). What is the reason for this?

I am attaching some snap shot that could help.

Appreciate really the help and I openned TAC in it with Cisco, but the TAC engineer said let me think in it

Regards

Bilal

34 Replies 34

Again, it is queued so I am inseting them here:

Exactly - the Router is the one to watch. It says "synchronization holdoff disabled" and you need to bring up that PG and you will see it load the config from the Logger into memory. Then wait until it says "all config operations complete". Now it is up and you can start the Distributor and get the real time feed.

Regards,

Geoff

But if we are talking about 50% or more of the configured PGs, then I have maybe to re run the setup and select PG to 1 and then I have to switch on the CM PG (which I installed), so the Router A will be able to talk with the CM PG, and here I can satisfy the 50%, which means the Router A will work, am correct?

Yes.  When doing a big site upgrade (say 10-30 PGs), we usually change the config in the registry when the Router comes up. Just start with 1, then upgrade number 2, and tell the Router about it. It's dynamic. Don't do it with setup - but you do need to know the two registry keys to change for each PG.

Regards,

Geoff

Don't do it with setup - but you do need to know the two registry keys to change for each PG.

* Two Registry Keys? Why two?

I noticed one Registy key to determine the number of PGs, which can be found below (but where is the second key?):

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, In.\ICM\stc\RouterA\

PG1Enabled

But where is the other key?

Also, why to change from Registry and not from the installation?

Regards

Bilal

I have now another problem in the CTIOS:

Now the PIM of the JTAPI is active, the CG is active and the CTIOS is active, when I start the CTIOS client, it displays at the CTIOS server the message (and this message proof that CTIOS client is communicate with the CTI Server at the right IP address and the right port, otherwise we will not see any message onthe CTI Server when this CTIOS client is starting):

ClientMgr[1]::OnConnectionClosed

And when I try to login using the agent id, the password and the extension which is registered to the CM and CTI mapped and configured at the device target in the configuration manager, it does not login and does not give even any message to declare where is the problem (just all buttons become not active for about 30 sec and then it come back to the original screen, I attached the snap shot of the two shapes it take).

The UCCE is version 7.5 the CUCM is version 7.0.2

Also at the configuration parameters of the device target, we are giving the following: /devtype CiscoPhone /DN 2001

I installed the CTIOS client and gave it the IP address of the PG which contains the CTIOS and the CG (as I have only one side, so I gave the IP address of PG-A for both A and B). Also at the CTIOS server, it insisted to give IP address for side B, so I gave a generic name which is not existed, but ofcourse I gave a correct IP address for side A. Also while doing the installation of the CTIOS server, I did not enable the security (because when I tried to enable the security, then it was displaying error when the CTIOS client trying to connect, although it ask to give self security while doing installation for the CTIOS client).

What could be the reason for this?

I am sure there is a communication between the CTIOS client and the CTI Server, because once I start the CTI Client, a message appear at the CTIServer "ClientMgr[1]::OnConnectionClosed ", this message is a proof of having communication. But where could be the wrong?

Am I am missing something that cause this problem?

Regards

Bilal

Also, why to change from Registry and not from the installation?

Why? So you don't have to restart the Call Router.

Regards,

Geoff