Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring IP

Arjun Kamble
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

I have some concern about IP phones which shows as " Configuring IP' on display and I want to fix permanently. So can any help me fix this issue.

Thank you,

Arjun Kamble

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

Does the segment where you're trying to register the phones have enough IP addresses in DHCP?

Because of the way we allocate IP addresses (we have to pay per IP address assigned), we allocate just enough addresses to a particular segment to register phones. When we get reports of phones stuck on "Configuring IP" on the display, almost every time it means there are no free IP addresses. Once we allocate more addresses, the phones register.

Bill

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

Does the segment where you're trying to register the phones have enough IP addresses in DHCP?

Because of the way we allocate IP addresses (we have to pay per IP address assigned), we allocate just enough addresses to a particular segment to register phones. When we get reports of phones stuck on "Configuring IP" on the display, almost every time it means there are no free IP addresses. Once we allocate more addresses, the phones register.

Bill