Views
Helpful
Replies

Consider If Formula - Agent ID Associated with a Skill Group

abhilash2001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone: 

I am trying to figure out a Consider If Formula for an Agent ID/Peripheral Number associated with a Skill Group. Basically, I am trying to queue to an agent, and if my agent is not available, I want to queue to a skill group this agent is mapped to. So, in my queue to skill group, I will have each skill groups with a consider if formulation of if the Peripheral number is a member of that skill group. 

7 Replies 7

How are you going to tie/have the system know what skill group that the agent might be tied to, since that can change at a moment's notice?

If you're going to hard code the "check agent X and if they're not logged in queue to skill group 1" logic, that shouldn't be a problem using the queue to agent node for instance.

Hi Bill:

I will be doing Queue to Agent. So, I have a call flow where the callers will enter the agent peripheral number and I will be queueing those calls to agent. That piece is working fine. If the agent is not available after x seconds, I need to queue those calls to a skill group, so someone can answer the call, but I need to queue this call to a skill group the original agent is mapped to. The agent is only mapped to a single skill group. So, Agent A is mapped to skill 1, Agent B is mapped to skill 2. Inbound call is queued to Agent 1, Agent 2 etc. but if the call is not answered, call will go to Queue to Skill Group. In the queue to skill group, I will have a list of Skill Group, but I need a consider if formula to verify if the agent peripheral number is member of that skill group. 

Sounds like you've created SGs for each agent instead of using the queue to skill group mechanism that is documented. You can find out more about it here https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/ucce-custom-routing-using-queue-to-agent/td-p/1248160. The only thing I can think of is that you create a dynamic formula where you can look up the SG name which matches the agent ID for example "12345_SG". You might want to explain more about what you're trying to accomplish first, but if you really want to try and get to the last agent who handled the call and you have that information in a 3rd party system then you should just do regular Queue to Agent routing.

david

Hi David:

I will be doing Queue to Agent. So, I have a call flow where the callers will enter the agent peripheral number and I will be queueing those calls to agent. That piece is working fine. If the agent is not available after x seconds, I need to queue those calls to a skill group, so someone can answer the call, but I need to queue this call to a skill group the original agent is mapped to. The agent is only mapped to a single skill group. So, Agent A is mapped to skill 1, Agent B is mapped to skill 2. Inbound call is queued to Agent 1, Agent 2 etc. but if the call is not answered, call will go to Queue to Skill Group. In the queue to skill group, I will have a list of Skill Group, but I need a consider if formula to verify if the agent peripheral number is member of that skill group. 

What I would do is have some sort of 3rd party DB with what SG and agent then call went to and get that information from there. What happens if that agent is not part of that SG today?

david

Hi David, is there a formula to check if an agent peripheral number is part/member of a skill group? 

No, there's not. You will have to do this via some DB lookup. Be aware that if you have a heavy call volume this might impact your environment.

david