cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

convert callback script from "place call" to sub flow

bmcghee
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if its possible to change Cisco's callback script from using the place call step to a sub flow ?  We need to do this to pass variables, using a DB isn't an option for us.  If anybody's done this before if you could send over a copy of an example script that would be very helpful and appreciated..

thank you.

4 Replies 4

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Hey I guess no, you have to use the place call step to get a new call contact required to virtual queue to CSQ.

For passing data to destination/CSQ script, i have found another cool way to do that and that is using set enterprise call info step.

you can set and retrieve data from source script to destination script is using set enterprise call info step and by setting call variable step.

you can set enterprise call info on contact you have got from place call step, and in destination script retrieve them from Triggering Contact.

rest you can figure out easily.

Hi Chintan and thank you much for the reply!  So we tried adding the set enterprise call info step within the place call successful section of the original script.  We can see the variables populate with the data within the original script as well.  However when we debug the callback script and attempt to get enterprise call info the variables never get the data.  Should we handle that differently within the callback script?  Maybe we are hitting a bug with version 11.5 ?  I do have an open TAC case on this as well.   thanks again for any info you can provide!!!

I have done that successfully with UCCX 10.6.

The only thing which i felt should we take care of is:

1. Timing:

We should have some delay before we set the data in source script and try to retrieve it on destination script. i take care of it with delay step and a loop where i check twice if data gets populated or not.

2. Call Contacts:

You have to make sure in source script you are setting the enterprise data on a call contact you have got by place call step and not on Triggering Contact.

Hi Chintan.

Im having issues with showing enterprise info on callback to the agents - we are using the callback function in the same script , so the data is there -  i have set the 'set the enterprise call info' on the place call step - im getting the layout , but without any data,  both in CAD and on the phone.

Any ideas ?