Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Courtesy Call back - Internal Transfer Call

Hi All,

We have a small problem in deploying courtesy call back, it is working for the direct call coming from CVP, but we are trying to deploy the call is answered by agent and transfer to another skill group.

Any one come across this situtation please update us.

with Regards,

Manivannan

11 Replies 11

MhLove007
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Manivannan;

My name is Michael Love, I know it's been a long time since you posted this request.  I am having a simular issued getting counts for Courtest Call Back. Did you ever get your issue resolved? if so, would you mind sharing the solution? We are able to query the database to get a number of customers that accepted Courtest Call Back. I am trying to fine out (of those the accepted Courtest Call Back, how many of them completed the process by connecting to a rep. And, how are you handling transfers related to Courtest Call Back?

For both of your information. Courtesy call back will not work for internal calls (Only works for external calls). For agent transferred call the calling party number is agent's number this is why it will not give courtesy call back.

Thanks,

Ashfaque

I have it working for both internal and external calls.

The app doesn't care who called in. I just need to check if the calling party number is 4 digits (internal) or 10 digits (external). For 10 digits I prepend the PSTN access code (9), for internal I don't.

Thanks Brian, the information is very helpful....

Thanks,

Ashfaque

Glad I could help. Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks!

Brian

Thanks to everyone for the replys... Brian do you mind sharing details of how you get the internal and external?

Sorry, can you be more specific? Are you asking how I obtain the caller ID, or how I adjust the number for callback (prepend digits for PSTN calls versus internal extensions)?

Actually, both. I have a query that I use to the total number of accepted CCBs. It took a lot of work to remove duplicates and I feel good about the out come... I just what to see how you abtain the caller ID, and the adjustment process.

Gotcha ... it sort of looks like this:

/* GATHER CALLER ID */

CallbackNumber = Get Call Contact Info (--Triggering Contact--, Calling Number)

/*

*/

/* -CHECK CALLBACK NUMBER ISN'T NULL OR BLOCKED*/

If (CallbackNumber.length() == 0) Then

True

Goto Prompt for Callback Number    ===========SEPARATE SECTION OF CODE

False

Goto Confirm Callback

/*

*/

/* CONFIRM CALLBACK NUMBER AND PROMPT CALLER WITH OPTIONS */

Confirm Callback:

promptCallbackNumber = Create Generated Prompt telephone.number (CallbackNumber)

promptCallbackConfirmCallerID = Create Container Prompt Concatenation (promptCallbackConfirmPrefix1 + promptCallbackNumber + promptCallbackConfirmSuffix)

Menu (--Triggering Contact--, promptCallbackConfirmCallerID)

Accept & Continue

/* NOW PREPEND ANY PSTN ACCESS CODE TO 10-DIGIT NUMBERS LEAVE INTERNAL 4-DIGIT NUMBERS AS IS. NO INTERNATIONAL CALLBACKS FOR NOW*/

If (CallbackNumber.length() == 10) Then

True

Set CallbackNumber = "91" + CallbackNumber

Goto Leave Callback Message

False

Goto Leave Callback Message

If you need more help just let me know. I can't share the whole script for now as It has quite a lot of development notes. But this should get you on the right track.

Aaron Tavis
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everybody,

looking for a little assistance with this. I'm hoping that someone has run into this problem before.

This is an internal CCB setup using CUSP and a CUBE/VXML

Here's a very high level overview of the current call flow and the issue we are seeing

Initial Call:

Internal Caller -> CUCM -> CUSP -> CUBE/VXML -> CUSP -> CVP

Caller name recorded and number grabbed (all working as designed)

Call Back:

CVP -> CUSP -> CUBE -> CUSP -> UCM -> Internal Caller

Caller confirms identity and requests to speak with an agent (working as designed)

After this is where I'm running into a problem.

If an agent is in a ready state, Agent gets reserved and Call Leg to Agent is connected (working properly)

If an agent is in a not-ready state, Initial Caller is queued to SG. When the agent goes ready, the CVP Instructs the CUBE/VXML to activate the Ringback service.

The ringback service times out after 5 seconds on the CVP and CVP reports a SIP 488 error.

Initial caller is disconnected.

Has anyone seen this before?

Hi  Aaron,

did you able to resolve issue because i am getting same error. little help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Rehan Khan