Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating a customized Historical Report for Abandon Calls

yulook1972
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a specific question about generating a customized report for a user.  She wants to know the abandonment rate minus the calls that drop off in 10 seconds.  I don't use historical reports so I'm not too sure how to do this.  I looked at the canned reports but it doesn't look like none of those works.

Can this be done?

Mark

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The most basic, and also the easiest way, is to use the Set Contact Info step, to set the call as handled if 10 or more seconds have elapsed.  So in your case, you could set the Contact Inactive Exception handler up, to goto a label which then calculates the duration of the call, and if greater than 10 seconds, marks the call as handled.  This way your abandonds only consist of hangups within 10 seconds.

The next level up would be to use one of the ten Custom Call Variables with the Set Enterprise Info step.  You would setup your Exception handler like above, but instead of marking the call as handled, you leave it abandoned, and flag the call as a "less than 10" call.

The next level up would be a custom report.  I wont get into the details of how to do it, simply because it's a huge investment, and I'm not even sure you need that level.  But it's there.  And it would be the cleanest report you could run.  That should go without saying, since you can tailor the report to look like whatever you want.

Good luck and happy reporting!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony

I appreciate your reply however I'm looking for some assistence on how to generate the report.  I know that there are canned reports but none of them will work with what my user is looking for.

Ok, well, I'm going to be honest, and say that I cannot help you.  Customized reporting is no small task.

Good luck to you.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hi Mark

Here's a couple of suggestions:

1) You can try the 'Contact Service Queue (by Interval)' report. This has a stat on it called 'Percentage of Service Level Met— Without Abandon'. The description of this is:

Percentage of presented calls, not counting abandoned calls, handled within the time shown in the Service Level field. This value is calculated as follows:

(Number of calls handled within service level / (Number of calls presented – Number of calls abandoned within service level) * 100%

So to get this working the SLA on your queues would need to be set to 10 seconds, and presumably 100% of calls to be answered at 10 seconds.

Be aware that the SLA calc is done when the call happens, so if you don't already have those settings it will apply to calls from the time you make the change.

2) As per Anthony's suggestion, and custom report is the other option. It's a matter of developing SQL code and a Crystal template, and some XML for UCCX HRC - so unless those are things you are familiar with it's not trivial. Maybe PM me if you want it doing for you.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: