cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating / Managing teams via API

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Is that part of the configuration simply not implemented or am I misreading the documentation? I see Creates and Updates for a variety of objects under the Cisco Finess Configuration APIs node, but nothing for teams.

What's the reason not to have an API to do this for teams?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It all comes back my question regarding permissions.. if only supervisors can see certain information, then I'd need the ability to make a user a supervisor on demand (so whenever one of my applications would need to see the status of a team).

So I guess the solution is to use the product specific APIs.. in my case the UCCX configuration API that does offer team management.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

Are you trying to update team information?

It all comes back my question regarding permissions.. if only supervisors can see certain information, then I'd need the ability to make a user a supervisor on demand (so whenever one of my applications would need to see the status of a team).

So I guess the solution is to use the product specific APIs.. in my case the UCCX configuration API that does offer team management.

zumbt_busu
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Finesse does not support modifying team configuration (id, name, members, etc.).

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct. If you need to make a supervisor on demand or create/manage teams, you need to use the product specific APIs.

The reason why Finesse does not have an API to create/manage teams is because teams are managed by UCCE/UCCX (as well as other things such as user roles, skills, etc). Finesse only receives this information and does not have the ability to modify it. Therefore, Finesse does not have its own APIs to do so.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: