cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS Historical Reporting - printing failure !

rhoyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am getting consistent failures for my users when they try to print from UCCX 8.5 CRS Historical Reporting.  From document ID 108553, and other references, I have set the shared memory to 1 from default of 0 in hrcconfig.ini, still no joy.  The error is and remains could not start print job with a window title of crystal report viewer.  Our environment has Microsoft print queues set up for users.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Welp!  You tried the one thing I was going to suggest.

Now you just have to isolate the conditions that can recreate the error.

Start with a vanilla Windows install, connect a printer locally, then install HRC, and try to print.

And keep adding or changing pieces and parts until it fails in the same way, keeping a record as you go along.

You may have found a new defect, and Cisco will appreciate your diligence in tracking down the culprit.

I am having the same issue. I am on system version 8.0.2.11002-10 and the CRS Historical Reporting version is 8.0(2.5). So far I have only one user reporting the problem but i just tried it myself with my login and I get the same message (Could not start print job). If I find out anything I will let you know.

I believe you are running into this bug:

http://cdetsweb-prd.cisco.com/apps/dumpcr?identifier=CSCtn20575&parentprogram=QDDTS

CSCtn20575    Could  not start print job to network on HRC for CCX 8.0(2)

Symptom:
Cutomers on CCX 8.0 may not be able to print to the network in Historical Reports Client even though all other print jobs work fine.  Error message states "Could not start print job" from the Crystal report viewer.

Conditions:
Only affects customers on the 8.0 platform of UCCX.  Does not seem to matter if they are on a client system of XP or Win7.

Workaround:
They can either map the HRC user system directly to the network printer, bypassing the print server, or save the report to the PC and then open in a PDF viewer and print from there.  Bypassing the print server seems to be a good option.

I think i'm running into this issue on UCCX 8.5 SR1 with both COP files.

I have client that have the same error

You'd think this woudl be fixed by now.