Views
Helpful
Replies

CSQ Queue Interrupt Prompt

MrButton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In the script under the queued segment how do I interrupt a prompt every 5 seconds to go to the next step?

lets say the sound file is 15 seconds and I want to interrupt it to go to the next step with less time.

MrButton_0-1683063409971.png

5 Replies 5

If a step is marked as interruptible, that means that it can be interrupted if an agent becomes available. What is it you are trying to accomplish when you want to move to the next step early?

Like @Elliot Dierksen mentioned the only thing that would interrupt a flow is an agent becoming available or DTMF. Otherwise you need to write your script in a way that fits you needs. If you need it to do something every 5 seconds then use a 5 second prompt.

david

MrButton
Level 1
Level 1

So what I am trying to do is instead of editing the time on the sound file I want to be able to interrupt the prompt within the Queued to go to the next step and just continue throughout the steps with these interruptions without having to edit the prompt sound files.  Some of the sound files can be lengthy when I get them.  If the prompt sound file is 20-30 seconds long I want to interrupt it by 5 seconds and have it jump to the next step. -> I want to avoid editing the sound file to what David is saying.  I know I can edit the sound file to meet the requirements but for some reason I feel this can be done within a script function.  

I don't CCX script that much.  I've only implemented one production script by learning it on the go.

You're not going to be able to do that.

david

MrButton
Level 1
Level 1

I just thought maybe there was a way.  Okay so what I did I was edit the wave files to the desired time, go to the next step, play next prompt, then continued the call flow.