cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI Server events from eGain chat

pyanamandra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a question regarding integrating eGain with UCCE 9.0.

If eGain chat is integrated with UCCE should we be receiving message notifications to the CTI Server. I understand Finesse won't as it only for voice interactions.

Please let me know if UCCE 9.0 supports this integration and we should be receiving eGain agent state or chat related events to the CTI Server

Thank you,

Param

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dreich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CTI Server is the message gateway with EIM / WIM, so you will see messages pass through that component if you look at the trace output for that process.

You should see agent state events as you do when monitoring voice from an all event client.

For the chat an email task events, it requires a secret hidden bit to be set in the cti service mask. Check out the CTI Server Message protocol spec and search for CTI_SERVICE_ALL_TASK_EVENTS and CTI_SERVICE_TASK_MONITOR. But it likely won't do you much good unless you have the definitions for the task events which are not available in the CTI Server spec.

I'm not sure why we haven't published the task event monitoring message protocol yet. I'll check on this.

David

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dreich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CTI Server is the message gateway with EIM / WIM, so you will see messages pass through that component if you look at the trace output for that process.

You should see agent state events as you do when monitoring voice from an all event client.

For the chat an email task events, it requires a secret hidden bit to be set in the cti service mask. Check out the CTI Server Message protocol spec and search for CTI_SERVICE_ALL_TASK_EVENTS and CTI_SERVICE_TASK_MONITOR. But it likely won't do you much good unless you have the definitions for the task events which are not available in the CTI Server spec.

I'm not sure why we haven't published the task event monitoring message protocol yet. I'll check on this.

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: