Views
Helpful
Replies

CTIOS client not able to login for CTI Server

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Dears;

Now the PIM of the JTAPI is active, the CG is active and the CTIOS is active, when I start the CTIOS client, it displays at the CTIOS server the message (and this message proof that CTIOS client is communicate with the CTI Server at the right IP address and the right port, otherwise we will not see any message onthe CTI Server when this CTIOS client is starting):

ClientMgr[1]::OnConnectionClosed

And when I try to login using the agent id, the password and the extension which is registered to the CM and CTI mapped and configured at the device target in the configuration manager, it does not login and does not give even any message to declare where is the problem (just all buttons become not active for about 30 sec and then it come back to the original screen, I attached the snap shot of the two shapes it take).

CTIOS.JPG

CTIClient_Case1_Case2.JPG

The UCCE is version 7.5 the CUCM is version 7.0.2

Also at the configuration parameters of the device target, we are giving the following: /devtype CiscoPhone /DN 2001

I installed the CTIOS client and gave it the IP address of the PG which contains the CTIOS and the CG (as I have only one side, so I gave the IP address of PG-A for both A and B). Also at the CTIOS server, it insisted to give IP address for side B, so I gave a generic name which is not existed, but ofcourse I gave a correct IP address for side A. Also while doing the installation of the CTIOS server, I did not enable the security (because when I tried to enable the security, then it was displaying error when the CTIOS client trying to connect, although it ask to give self security while doing installation for the CTIOS client).

What could be the reason for this?

I am sure there is a communication between the CTIOS client and the CTI Server, because once I start the CTI Client, a message appear at the CTIServer "ClientMgr[1]::OnConnectionClosed ", this message is a proof of having communication. But where could be the wrong?

Am I am missing something that cause this problem?

Regards

Bilal

15 Replies 15

I am just trying to understand what is the usage of the reverse lookup zone in the UCCE?

No big deal. It's nice and symmetric. Why wouldn't you have it?

In other words, if we have the IP address, then why we need the PG name?

Why not? That's what a DNS (Domain Name Server) does. It resolves names to IP addresses, and IP addresses to names.

But if it's not you who configures the AD integrated DNS on the DCs, and you have to ask someone else to do it, then I understand.

About the log for the CTI, the TraceFileName is saying that it is at the %HOMEPATH%\CtiOsClientLog , I cleared them .. I will resend them when trying to login.

Did you change the client configuration to use hostnames and added the IP address - hostname mapping in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Regards,

Geoff