Views
Helpful
Replies

CU CCX 11.5.1 Queues are not closing according to script

gshamlian
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are running into an issue where our contact center queues are not closing according to the script that is in place.  I'm entirely new to this, so it's possible that I'm missing a setting; CCX-ITHD.JPG

As far as I know, this is the only place that I need to check the open and closing times.  Currently, the time zone is set to the primary server (central) and I double checked the clock on the server to make sure that it is correct.  I don't know why the previous person has the time zone set to the server rather than the TZ that the contact center departments are in (Eastern), so I haven't touched that yet.

I'm now 100% certain that the supervisors aren't messing with the override settings, but I don't know if there is a way to check that.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?  Need more information?  Let me know, please

Also, (slightly off topic) is there a decent guide for the CCX system?  I looked at the CCNA Collaboration cert to see if that could give me some guidance, but it doesn't look like CCX is even included.  In fact, training guides in general seem lacking for the CCX.

Thanks in advance!

10 Replies 10

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
First I would check the time zone on the server CLI:
show timezone config
utils ntp status

If the server is showing the correct time and timezone, please make sure in the Time of Day properties, you also have the correct Timezone for this script selected.
Are you able to change Open Hours to be only 1 minute long for testing?
Also, I would add a Hard GoTo Open in the open hours as well.
THen if still nothing, are you sure the script does not have something prior to the Day of Week selection that would goto Open and jump the ToD check.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post your script for review?

Thanks for the feedback.  I did check the server timezone and it is currently set to Central (it is located in Texas).  Our contact center scripts seem to be a mix of TZ[primary] and TZ[America/New_York].  The contact center facility is located in Eastern time zone.  I did double check to make sure that the scripts showing [primary] are adjusted correctly, so if they want the CC to close at 11pm, I have it set to 10pm CST.  I haven't played too much with the time zones, since they were set this way and working when I took over the responsibility and didn't want to mess around too much until I got more info.

I've attached the script for one of the CCs not working.  I can't do much testing during the day as the CCs are pretty busy while open

Ok, purely to validate the ToD step, can you place a GoTo NORMAL prior to the Check Holiday tag. See if jumping over the holiday check and switch string (currentstate) allows the correct Time of Day to execute. It it works as I expect, you can focus on one of the switch statements possible jumping the ToD check as there ar ea couple that have the script jumping to OPEN.

Thanks, Mike

I'll have to wait until this weekend to make changes and test.  I don't want to make any changes during production.

Made the change suggested (put a Goto - Normal before the Holiday section), no fix there.  I ended up restarting the CCX engine on both of our servers.  That seems to have worked, so far.  I don't know why the server would reject the changes to the scripts or why a restart of the engine fixed it, I would think that it processes them in real time with each incoming call, but maybe the scripts get cached somewhere and they were getting stuck somehow (?) but then I'm still a noob to the workflow of the scripts and how the server processes them.

Hopefully, this fixes them for good, but we'll see.  Thanks for the insight!

Any chance you remember which CCX server was running as Master? Its possible one of the nodes was running into sync issues, even with ntp. Bouncing the cluster, or just the engine would push the services to the slave, and then of course back when bouncing the slave. Glad to see the issue is resolved.

rwalker0111
Level 1
Level 1

Can you attach the script?

So far (fingers crossed), restarting the CCX engine on both of our servers appears to have fixed the issue, not sure why, but I'll take any win with this system.

rwalker, if you would like to see the script, I did attach it in a zip file above.

Thanks!

No problem would have taken a look if you were still having problems. Glad its working for ya
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: