Helpful
Replies

CUBE SBC failover clarification.

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi folks,

Just need clarity on CUBE failover.

We have 2 SIP trunks from Service Provider pointing to CUBE.

SP_RTR1 ---> CUBE1 (Cisco 4431 IOS XE 3.16)

SP_RTR2 ---> CUBE2 (Cisco 4431 IOS XE 3.16)

(Note: SP_RTR1 is customer's SBC).

Doubt here is regarding if any1 of SP_RTR1 goes down, active calls will fail / drop. Customer suggest to configure HSRP on CUBE and define one Virtual IP.

Please suggest.

thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ritesh

ISR 4K do  not support HSRP but rather they use redundancy groups like the ASRs for box to box redundancy. The configuration is similar as using ASR. Please refer to this document for setting this up

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/99286/cisco-unified-border-element-cube-high-availability-asr-platform-application-note

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are the CUBEs at the same data center or on the same LAN?  HSRP is not supported on ISR 4Ks, but box-to-box redundancy is and works as advertised.  Proper documentation for configuring HA box-to-box on ISR4Ks can be located on Cisco pages.

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi folks,

any luck?

thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Ritesh

ISR 4K do  not support HSRP but rather they use redundancy groups like the ASRs for box to box redundancy. The configuration is similar as using ASR. Please refer to this document for setting this up

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/99286/cisco-unified-border-element-cube-high-availability-asr-platform-application-note

Hi Ayodeji,

Thanks for reply. I studied yesterday night and found RG Infrastructure needs to be configured instead HSRP.

Many thanks for sharing URL.

thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Ritesh,

Did you miss my initial reply to your post? Was there something that was not clear from it?

cderen  

I tried replying your post yesterday. But somehow your post was missing on support forum. So I raised new post with 'any luck'.

It was not wrong intension Chris. Thanks.

thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

You are welcome :) Dont forget to rate helpful posts! We live on stars here :)

Hi Ayodeji

I've followed the guide and have Redundancy Group running in the lab. (ISR4431 pair running 16.3.6)
One issue I have is that when I issue the reload command either router, both reload. (No interfaces change state when the other reloads and no other tracking is configured)
The message I get on the other router prior to reload is:
% [RG 1]: VOICE B2B HA-enabled RG detected a reload - reloading router now

Is this normal behavior?

Brenden