Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - LDAP Custom Filters

Hi Guys,

Can someone help me with the LDAP custom Filters, I'm not quite sure of how to uses them.

Currently I have this:

-- CN=ldapread,OU=Service Accounts,DC=USA,DC=office,DC=Comp,DC=com

OU=KC Users,DC=USA,DC=office,DC=Comp,DC=com

I'm pointing to the KC Users on purpuse, those are the only users I need, now... the AD admin asked me to change the Search base to this:

DC=USA,DC=office,DC=Comp,DC=com

Here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13350 I found that I only need to add the following as Custom filter

(&(objectClass=user)(memberOf:1.2.840.113556.1.4.1941:=CN=Employees,CN=Users,DC=MYCOMPANY,DC=COM))

How can I set the the previus line to my enviroment?

Besides applying the filter do I need to something else?

Thank you!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What do you want to achieve by filtering on user search base? Filters are usually used to meet certain requirements, eg don't sync users without iPhone field etc...if all you want to do is change your user search base, then you don't need a filter

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To change the Directory Search base you will first need to delete the LDAP integration in order to add a different one.

Chris

You are right Chris... in fact that is what I'm going to do, but I want to make sure my filter is good before proceed.

Thanks!

I never tried filter with defining search base, if that is supported then it looks fine.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What do you want to achieve by filtering on user search base? Filters are usually used to meet certain requirements, eg don't sync users without iPhone field etc...if all you want to do is change your user search base, then you don't need a filter

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate all useful posts

Gotcha! At the end what I was trying to do doesn't make much sense.

Thanks!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: