cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM to ICM integration

Alok Mohanty
Level 1
Level 1
  • During CUCM PG installation we specify the IP of the CUCM that PG would be talking to. One per PG.  Say PG1A to CUCM1 and PG1B to CUCM2

A phone can register itself to 3 CUCM servers say in the order CUCM1 , CUCM2 and CUCM3.

Now say CUCM1 and CUCM2 goes down and all phones register to CUCM3 so how does PG get this info …

• Even in normal scenario if some extensions register to CUCM1 and others to CUCM 2  assuming PGA is Active , so how does CUCM2 send the info to PG (as PG B is in passive).

Regards

Alok

3 Replies 3

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Alok,

Regarding your 1st query, if CUCM 1 and CUCM 2 goes down, then PG - CUCM integration will fail and CCE calls will not work.

Regarding your 2nd query, all phones are associated to single PG user whether they are registered to CUCM 1 or CUCM 2.  So PG can talk to any extension on CUCM cluster.

Thanks Piyush

This clears my first question.

But for second query ... does it mean I would need to have 1 pguser per cluster ?

I am pretty new to CUCM environment ... But I wonder they why we have 10 pg users (1 per pg pair) even though we have a single cluster. Any thoughts ...

Thanks

Alok

The integration between PG and CUCM uses CTI and CTI Mgr services not the CM service. Phone registration uses the CM service, different services on potentially different CUCM nodes.  So, it does not matter which CTI Mgrs you point to from PG, phones can be registered to completely different CM servers, and the phone status info is replicated across all CUCM nodes and then sent to PG via JTAPI protocol over the CTI link. 

Each PG can point to only 1 CTI Mgr, so PG pair can point to 2, which is typically sufficient. If you need more redundancy or more capacity multiple CUCM PG pairs can be deployed.