Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM/UCCX - How monitoring CTI Ports

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer have a solution CUCM 8.6.2 integration UCCX 8.0.2 Premium. The Customer would like monitoring the system and verify if there are congestion of ports or if is need buy more IVR license. Below the configuration

License Information

Configured Licenses:

Package: Cisco Unified CCX Premium

IVR Port(s): 200

Cisco Unified CCX Premium Seat(s): 100

High Availability : Enabled

Cisco Unified CCX Preview Outbound Dialer: Enabled

Cisco Unified CCX Maximum Agents: 300

Thanks a lot,

Wilson

8 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ive looked in to RTMT for this before, and though it has a CTI Port section for UCCX, it doesn't show if there is an active call on the port or not.

I'm not positive, but I don't think there is a way to do this, unless you consider using BLF in CUCM to monitor the off hook state of the ports.  But then, where do you find 300 to 400 lines on phones for monitoring these ports?  Yeah, I don't think that's a great solution.  Perhaps some custom code can accomplish this.  I.e., A computer program which can query CUCM for real time data on the ports.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

Wilson,

This can be accomplished with custom code, we built this for a customer who needed additional metrics (and a real-time view of port usage including call identifcation information per port for their NOC).

If your customer needs only a basic number (i.e: 39 ports in use) then this information is readily available in CUIC with version 9. If however your customer can't wait to upgrade to version 9 or want to do a bit more with the information available let me know; we can work out a solution at an attractive price point.

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

CUIC is in UCCX 9x.  You wouldn't even have to upgrade your CUCM from 8.6(2) as UCCX 9.0(2)SU1, which is the latest release as of right now, supports CUCM 8.6(2).

See the compatibility guide for reference on supported versions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

Anthony Holloway

UCCX specifically would need to be upgraded to version 9, as version 9 of UCCX includes CUIC which has the port monitoring metrics.

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Do you mean if I think you should purchase more UCCX Premium Agent Seats to get more UCCX Premium IVR Ports?  No, I cannot make that recommendation, because it all depends on the environment.  It would take a consultant to sit down with the business, and review historical reports, and scripts, to determine if 200 IVR ports is enough and they are just being used improperly, of if 200 is not enough, and they do need to purchase more ports.  You also have to consider percent blocking, and cost/benefit, because Premium ports are not free, nor inexpensive.

Anthony Holloway

Correct.  You need to use the calculator to compute the number of IVR ports required to provide the level of service you wish to give your callers.

Anthony Holloway

Wilson,

The report is dubbed "License Utilization" and you may find it in the documentation here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_0/user/guide/UCCX_BK_UE5BE47D_00_uccx-historical-reports-ug_chapter_011.html#UCCX_RF_L3F3A353_00

HTH

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Wilson,

The documentation I linked you is for version 9 of the historical reports user guide. This report, "License Utilization Hourly Report" is available in UCCX version 9 and later. It will not be available in version 8.5 unfortunately.

HTH

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

15 Replies 15

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ive looked in to RTMT for this before, and though it has a CTI Port section for UCCX, it doesn't show if there is an active call on the port or not.

I'm not positive, but I don't think there is a way to do this, unless you consider using BLF in CUCM to monitor the off hook state of the ports.  But then, where do you find 300 to 400 lines on phones for monitoring these ports?  Yeah, I don't think that's a great solution.  Perhaps some custom code can accomplish this.  I.e., A computer program which can query CUCM for real time data on the ports.

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony,

I would like know your opinion if understand who was did sizing could help answer my question? Or are different thngs?

Thanks a lot,

Wilson

CUIC is in UCCX 9x.  You wouldn't even have to upgrade your CUCM from 8.6(2) as UCCX 9.0(2)SU1, which is the latest release as of right now, supports CUCM 8.6(2).

See the compatibility guide for reference on supported versions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your information. And another question that is did about sizing, what your opionion?

Thanks

Wilson

Do you mean if I think you should purchase more UCCX Premium Agent Seats to get more UCCX Premium IVR Ports?  No, I cannot make that recommendation, because it all depends on the environment.  It would take a consultant to sit down with the business, and review historical reports, and scripts, to determine if 200 IVR ports is enough and they are just being used improperly, of if 200 is not enough, and they do need to purchase more ports.  You also have to consider percent blocking, and cost/benefit, because Premium ports are not free, nor inexpensive.

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony,

Maybe I did not have did the correct question. That I would like understand is if using the erlang b calculator I will can have a idea about the scenario actual and after this analysis verify if is need buy the new license or not.

Thanks,

Wilson

Correct.  You need to use the calculator to compute the number of IVR ports required to provide the level of service you wish to give your callers.

Anthony Holloway

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

Wilson,

This can be accomplished with custom code, we built this for a customer who needed additional metrics (and a real-time view of port usage including call identifcation information per port for their NOC).

If your customer needs only a basic number (i.e: 39 ports in use) then this information is readily available in CUIC with version 9. If however your customer can't wait to upgrade to version 9 or want to do a bit more with the information available let me know; we can work out a solution at an attractive price point.

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Hi Tanner,

When You mention that to do upgrade to version 9.0 will possible to do this monitoring, You are speak CUCM, UCCX or boths?

Thanks,

Wilson

UCCX specifically would need to be upgraded to version 9, as version 9 of UCCX includes CUIC which has the port monitoring metrics.

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Hi Tanner,

Is there any documentation informing about this?

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Tanner,

I am searching the any link that inform about CUIC and that mention port monitoring metrics, but, I did not found. Could You help me?

Thanks,

Wilson

Wilson,

The report is dubbed "License Utilization" and you may find it in the documentation here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_0/user/guide/UCCX_BK_UE5BE47D_00_uccx-historical-reports-ug_chapter_011.html#UCCX_RF_L3F3A353_00

HTH

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Hi Tanner,

I stayed little confuse. I read the link that Anthony mentioned about the compatibility and show the this feature is available in version 9.0(2)SU1 do UCCX. The documentation that You send for me, appear version 8.5 only one. This version 8.5 can be support this feature?

Thanks,

Wilson