cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC Permissions

jbach2003
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with user permissions in CUIC Version:11.0(1). I migrated each user into user groups. Each user group has AllUsers default group. I then segmented reports by line of business, so when a user logs in they have access to their line's report folder, as well as stock and custom general reports.

The issue is that when a reporting user logs in and creates a report, no one (including administrators) can see the report...only the user that created the report. After some testing, I've found that these users do not have the option to set any permissions when saving the report. The only way I've found to set the user account to save permissions is enabling the Security Administrator function in the user's account, which is obviously the opposite of what I want to do as it allows EVERY user to edit ALL permissions for everything within CUIC.

How do I need to set up users to allow them to create reports that everyone within their group can see without enabling them as a Security Administrator?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If I'm understanding your situation correctly, if you change the My Group for the users you want from All Groups to that specific group, when they create that object then the other users in that same group should be able to see/modify it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

If I'm understanding your situation correctly, if you change the My Group for the users you want from All Groups to that specific group, when they create that object then the other users in that same group should be able to see/modify it.

That is the exact fix! Thank you so much! Just for posterity, do you happen to know why that 'My Group' makes a difference? By default, it was set as AllUsers, but as soon as I changed it to the user's group, I could create a report and all other users in that group now had access. I don't understand why the change would allow for the permissions to work properly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: