cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC reporting: report time range is not working when date range is configured to be more than 1 day

akalash
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

kindly note that I'm working on CUIC version 11.6. i have a problem with the output of the reports.

If i choose date range to be 1 day (today or yesterday or specidic date) and choose a time range (example: 8 AM till 10 AM), the report will show the data correctly.

However, If i choose date range to be mpre than 1 day (last week, last month custom date range.. ) and choose a time range (example: 8 AM till 10 AM), the report will not show the data correctly. it will ignore the chooen time range and select the whole time from 0 AM till 23:59.

is there a solution for this (use AND function for date range and time range when the date range is more than 1 day)?

regards

7 Replies 7

So you want it to be, for instance, a report that shows activity from 8a-10p on Monday, 8a-10pm on Tuesday, etc., for the same time frame across multiple days?

I could be mistaken, but I thought at one point there was a CUIC filter of that nature in some reports, but that it isn't there now?

What report are you looking to do this with? All/any of them?

I think what most people will find unhelpful about how CUIC works, in this context, is that if you pick 1 day from 8:00am to 10:00am, the results are pretty clear how many calls you took in that 2 hour window, for that one day. However, if you wanted, in the same exact report, to see that, on a day by day basis, for say a week (filter "Last Week"), the report will just add up all of the calls, from each day, within that 2 hour window, and show you the total. I'd wager most people want to see it broken down per day.

E.g., This kind of report would be more helpful, than a total

Sunday from 8:00am to 10:00am 0 Calls Presented
Monday from 8:00am to 10:00am 63 Calls Presented
Tuesday from 8:00am to 10:00am 22 Calls Presented
Wednesday from 8:00am to 10:00am 87 Calls Presented
Thursday from 8:00am to 10:00am 34 Calls Presented
Friday from 8:00am to 10:00am 56 Calls Presented
Saturday from 8:00am to 10:00am 4 Calls Presented

To recreate this yourself, just run the Stock Contact Service Queue Activity Report for 1 day from 8:00am to 10:00am, and then switch it to Last Week, but keeping everything else the same. You'll see that you end up with the same report format, just more numbers in each column. Most likely, if the report runner is asking for a custom time range, they're wanting to understand what happens in that time period on each day individually, and not collectively.

The only way I know how to solve this, is to run 7 reports, one for each day, which is a pain. Hopefully there is a better way. Know of one?

PS, I'm not positive this is the OP's problem, but it's likely.

EDIT: Looking at the OPs post closer, it might not be what I just described above, and in fact could just simply be this:

If you pick a custom time range for a report filter, call it 8:00am to 10:00am, and you pick a date range of more than 1 day, then the first day in the date range is matched with the start time (8:00am) while the last day  in the date range is matched with the end time (10:00am).

Example:

If you pick 3/1/2019 - 3/2/2019 and 8:00am to 10:00am, then your effectively reporting on calls from 3/1/2019 @ 8:00am to 3/2/2019 @ 10:00am (a single 26 hour window of call activity, not two 2 hour windows).

You can verify this yourself, by running that same kind of filter, and then clicking the "i" icon (near the help button) which will show you something like this:

Filter Information

Generated Time: 2019-03-07T10:28:29-06:00

Username: CUIC\uccxadmin

No of Records: 47

Start Day Of The Week:

Sunday

Logged in User:

CUIC\uccxadmin

Interval [Starting At]:

03/01/2019 08:00:00

Interval [Ending At]:

03/02/2019 08:59:59

CSQ Names:

MyTestCSQ

Interval Length:

Sixty [60] Minutes 

EDIT2: I think I found a report which does this

Check out Contact Service Queue Activity by Window Duration

Hi Bill,

So you want it to be, for instance, a report that shows activity from 8a-10p on Monday, 8a-10pm on Tuesday, etc., for the same time frame across multiple days?

yes, i want to show activity from 8a-10p on Monday, 8a-10pm on Tuesday, etc..

I'm trying the get it for agent call details (not summary) but it's not available.

This is for UCCE version of CUIC, but as I interpret this, it looks like that capability will only exist on certain reports that use certain report definition styles.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/intelligence_suite/intelligence_suite_1101/user/guide/CUIC_BK_C9A05BC4_00_cisco-unified-intelligence-center-user/CUIC_BK_C9A05BC4_00_cisco-unified-intelligence-center-use...

----------

• Check the Only show results that are within a specific time period check box if you want to view data that is available during specific periods of time. This time interval is applied to each day that you select above. The default time interval is 12:00 a.m to 11:59 p.m. If you do not check this box, the report shows all values from 12:00 a.m. of the first date in your range through 11:59 p.m of the last date in the range.
  • Check the Only show results that are on certain days of the week check box to check uncheck days. By default, all days of the week are checked.
Note   

The option to select certain days of the week will be available only if the time interval spans more than a day.

This option is not available for reports that are based on the query type Anonymous Block. For more information about query types, see the Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Report Customization Guide available at http:/​/​www.cisco.com/​en/​US/​products/​ps9755/​products_​user_​guide_​list.html.

tmessenger
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is a really old thread, but if anyone is still looking for a report that functions as a daily interval, instead of the interval spread across the date range, I was able to use a legacy Webview Call Type Hist All Fields report.  

Hi @tmessenger , thanks for sharing, would you want to post the report/report definition here if it can help others?

Sure, no problem! See attached. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: