cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Set Value element

chad_meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone, I am trying to pull a couple of metrics to be evaluated via Finesse API and need a way to store the values in a CVP application to be evaluated.  I was thinking of creating a custom Set Value element to dynamically create and store values based on a query, however looking at the element specifications, there is no class information defined for this element. Can anyone provide any insight into which class to import?

Thanks!  

3 Replies 3

I’m not sure I follow what you’re trying to do, but I’m going to answer based on my interpretation. You can’t store any values in CVP directly. You’ll need to put stuff into an external system (DB) and then reference query that from you CVP app. If I’m off base on what you’re asking please clarify your use case.

david

Hey David,

I was trying to perform multiple API calls based on an xml_resultset, however I did not have a way to do this in one shot as I didn't have an easy way to grab the next value from the resultset.  Furthermore, I had no way to evaluate the data within the CallStudio app once the API XML was retrieved for each result.  What I am doing is now looping through each result then performing the corresponding API call and subsequent DB evaluation.  It's a bit more cumbersome but it does the trick with no custom java.  Sorry for the confusion earlier.

Yeah you’re going to need a custom element if you have multiple queries and evaluations to make at the same time. No other way around it.

Thanks for the clarification and glad you already figured it out.

david