Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP 11.5 - Dynamic Audio Element audio groups

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

In CVP 11.5, I'm adding some audio to a dynamic audio element. The problem I'm having is that the initial audio group that is created in studio is always null when I try to access it in java.

When creating the element in studio, i select the dynamic configuration checkbox, enter in my class name and select the 'create base configuration' checkbox. I then add some audio items to the initial and no match and no input audio groups.

When I access these audio groups in java, they are null and I get a null pointer exception.  So, to get it working I have had to check to see if the audio group is null  ...

if(defaults.getAudioGroup("initial_audio_group", 1) == null)

{

elementAPI.addToLog("initial audio group", "is null");

initial = defaults.new AudioGroup("initial_audio_group", true);

}else

{      

elementAPI.addToLog("initial audio group", "is NOT null");

initial = defaults.getAudioGroup("initial_audio_group", 1);

}

and if my audiogroup is null, I create a new one and that works fine - although it is just a workaround.

My problem is, that this exact same application and java worked without checking for null audio groups in CVP 8.5. Now I am upgrading and could potentially have to change a lot of java and audio elements. This to me looks like a bug, as I definitely have created the audio group in studio, I just can't see them in the java.

Anybody experience this before?

Thanks,

Brian

4 Replies 4

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

I just confirmed your findings on my 11.5 system. Looks like a bug to me.

Hi Janine,

Thanks for checking that. Strangely enough, I have this working now without changing any java. I removed a subdialog start element from the app, redeployed and it is working. I restarted the VXML server a couple of times for other reasons which shouldn't have made any difference.

Thanks,

Brian

that's very odd. I'll test mine again tonight.

Hi Janine,

Is this bug fixed ? I am facing the same issue in 12.5.

Regards,

Yogita.