Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP 4.0 / Nuance TTS Server

dlegrand
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In our environment we are using UCCE 7.2 / CVP 4.02 and a Nuance Text to Speech Server.

We are send data from UCCE to TTS Server through micro app.

It is working fine, but any time I try to send sepcific french letters (with accent), TTS server can not read the message correctly. I opened a case to Nuance, they do think that it comes from Cisco side. Does anyone have already face this kind of problem. Should I specify somewhere in CVP the encoding parameters I want to use ?

Many thanks in advance.

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can turn on mrcp logging on the gateway.

What's the rtsp setting on the gateway in "show runn".

Are you using a different language? Either set "setMainDocumentLanguage(STRING)" in your action element or set the Document Langage in your Application Modifier.

Here is a good page for debugging TTS/ASR.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_IOS_Voice_Troubleshooting_and_Monitoring_--_Cisco_VoiceXML_Troubleshooting

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I can understand the issue. I came across a similar issue with Spanish accented characters in a Studio app back with CVP 3.0. I was generating date information from a custom Java class, but Studio was mangling the accented characters. I had to change the properties of the Studio app to be UTF-8.

I think you are not going to be able to get this to work with microapps. Switch to a Studio app and it will work.

Regards,

Geoff

Hello Geoff,

Your answer makes sense to me. I will try and let you know.

Best regards

David

Support Hotline
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Geof,

I made a very basic vxml application to interact with TTS server. The application is working fine, but I do not hear anything.

I just used a audio step in eclipse, and specified in the TTS field, the message I want to hear. I do not see any trace of my call on the TTS server. Did I miss something ?

Best regards

David

You can turn on mrcp logging on the gateway.

What's the rtsp setting on the gateway in "show runn".

Are you using a different language? Either set "setMainDocumentLanguage(STRING)" in your action element or set the Document Langage in your Application Modifier.

Here is a good page for debugging TTS/ASR.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_IOS_Voice_Troubleshooting_and_Monitoring_--_Cisco_VoiceXML_Troubleshooting

Regards,

Geoff

Hello Geof,

Many many thanks for your answer. I just had to specified the language in the

properties of the VXML application. I set language field to fr-FR, and it worked.

Best regards

David

Excellent.

Can you pass the accented characters now?

Regards,

Geoff

Hello Geof,

Yes, even the accented charcaters.

;-)

David